Remove duplicates from 'Recent notes'

Andy Henderson

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Don't think this is logical. Shortcuts are static, they are there to stay, no matter which notes you open. One reason for this is that you can open any of the first shortcuts by typing ctrl/cmd + 1-9. This means you will probably remember the number, and by sorting the list or pushing notes off, this would not work any more.

The "Recent Notes" list is dynamical. It may be you opened one of your shortcuts recently, but this is plain coincidental.

I'm not suggesting any change to the shortcuts list.

In my attached example, two of the shortcuts are also in the recent notes list. That's likely as shortcuts are to most-used notes. If the recent notes list excluded entries already in the shortcuts list I'd have had two more recent entries to choose from.

• Level 5

You did use them recently, so where is the problem ? 

Do we really need to complicate software to the max ? I don’t think so - it should be reduced to the core functionality.

If you still think filtering recents is a good idea , just go ahead and send it directly to EN PM, using the feedback function build into the clients. And when implemented stay on watch in the forum to explain fellow users why some of their recently used notes won’t show up in „recently“ any more.

I'll have one more go. The panel shown in my original note always shows the recent notes right next to the shortcuts. Removing the duplicate entries takes nothing away from the panel and increases the number of notes shown.

I can't see anywhere where recent notes are shown stand-alone but if they are, obviously it wouldn't make sense to remove them from that panel.

• Evernote Expert

I think your suggestion is something you could recommend to the developers via a support ticket.

I very much doubt it will get much attention but go ahead and make the suggestion.

Since we're mostly other users in these forums all we'll do is discuss the merits of your idea or suggest ways around the issue.

If you would like attention in the development, open a ticket.