Evernote won't save notes, slow to open, slow to sync - frustrating!!! (Android version)

• Level 5

The last postings with similar content were resolved by uninstalling the app, dumping the data (empty cache), restart the device, reinstall and log in. After logging in an initial download happens. It does no harm to wait with the app open until the initial data was received.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 4:13 PM, PinkElephant said:

The last postings with similar content were resolved by uninstalling the app, dumping the data (empty cache), restart the device, reinstall and log in. After logging in an initial download happens. It does no harm to wait with the app open until the initial data was received.

I have followed these steps and still my Android Samsung is not updating to the latest version.  Having long delays in updating due dates, some don't change.   ALSO the auto SYNC is not reliable.  And finding the sync ftre is too many key strokes!

I wholeheartedly agree.  If this continues, I will be moving to another app in a few months.  And that won't be a simple migration.  I have over 37,000 notes, over 1,800 tags and 26 notebooks, (I had understood the file size was not the issue).  I, too, adored this app, but it is close to useless now and creates far too much stress. And also like you, I have a high-end Samsung, the Note. 

Finally, I have multiple Home Screen shortcuts, supporting a very large R&D/writing project I have been working on fir several years. To uninstall and reinstall the app means that all these shortcuts will have to be created.  It will take hours! 

To be fair, I have not replied to Support's latest email.  I hope to tomorrow. But this issue is definitely getting worse, not better.  I would say only about 5-10% of notes are saving now and even then, I usually have to wait a long time, sometimes 5+ minutes. 

• Like 2

I've reinstalled twice in the last week. Syncing is still an issue. Modified a note on the Android 36 hours ago. Modified it again about 20 hours ago. Both times I left the app running for a few hours. This morning, I opened the note on my laptop which is always running and the Android notes are still not there. Had to dump my thoughts, so sometime later today, I will get one of my daily note conflicts. 

On 7/19/2022 at 3:32 AM, Marnette said:

I wholeheartedly agree.  If this continues, I will be moving to another app in a few months.  And that won't be a simple migration.  I have over 37,000 notes, over 1,800 tags and 26 notebooks, (I had understood the file size was not the issue).  I, too, adored this app, but it is close to useless now and creates far too much stress. And also like you, I have a high-end Samsung, the Note. 

Finally, I have multiple Home Screen shortcuts, supporting a very large R&D/writing project I have been working on fir several years. To uninstall and reinstall the app means that all these shortcuts will have to be created.  It will take hours! 

To be fair, I have not replied to Support's latest email.  I hope to tomorrow. But this issue is definitely getting worse, not better.  I would say only about 5-10% of notes are saving now and even then, I usually have to wait a long time, sometimes 5+ minutes. 

Not a good solution, but what I have been doing for the last eight months or so is running Nimbus on the Android for things I need to enter or retrieve quickly. And since I can't get the tasks widget to load, I also have to mirror my tasks in Todoist for the mobile.

Like you, I don't want to move tens of thousands of notes over, but the Android app has never been consistently reliable for any extended period of time. And this, uninstall and reinstall ***** every update got old almost a year ago. 

This common development platform across all devices didn't work when they launched it and it doesn't work now, coming up on 2 years. Instead of making the existing uses stable, they keep adding on new features to the house of cards. 

22 hours ago, dbvirago said:

I've reinstalled twice in the last week. Syncing is still an issue. Modified a note on the Android 36 hours ago. Modified it again about 20 hours ago. Both times I left the app running for a few hours. This morning, I opened the note on my laptop which is always running and the Android notes are still not there. Had to dump my thoughts, so sometime later today, I will get one of my daily note conflicts. 

Well, I jumped to a conclusion. 24 hours later, and I don't have a note conflict. The note on my Android and the note on my laptop are still different with no conflict. Doing a sync on the Android (yes, Sync Now) doesn't solve the problem. I wonder what the solution will be.

Oh, yeah, uninstall and reinstall.

22 hours ago, Marnette said:

@dbviragoContact EN Support.  My file was a horrible mess for months, but after working with them, finally, (I am hoping), it seems "I have my ol' Evernote back." ... Good luck! 

Just got an update to the Android app (although the date was a couple of weeks ago) to10.36 and sync is working very well, right now. Like, within a minute, either direction.

Hopefully, this continues. 

Well... It didn't last long.  Most all the EN issues have returned.  Notes not saving, system freezing, tags not accessible.... My Android UI has again notified me that EN has a bug, that it is crashing, and that it is, therefore, causing serious battery issues.

... I am sooo fed up.  I am going in for a surgery in a week, but am seriously looking at converting to another Notes app, and removing my good review in the PlayStore.  The Android app, the one I depend on most, is simply not usable well more than half the time. 

21 hours ago, Marnette said:

Well... It didn't last long.  Most all the EN issues have returned.  Notes not saving, system freezing, tags not accessible.... My Android UI has again notified me that EN has a bug, that it is crashing, and that it is, therefore, causing serious battery issues.

... I am sooo fed up.  I am going in for a surgery in a week, but am seriously looking at converting to another Notes app, and removing my good review in the PlayStore.  The Android app, the one I depend on most, is simply not usable well more than half the time. 

Yep, same here. Have to keep manually syncing Android and still getting duplicate notes. 

Okay, 24 hours later, I finally got the Android app to reinstall and sync. It kept claiming I didn't have a connection although every other app had one. (And yes, mobile data is turned on.)
After all that, I still don't have my default import folder. Not only is the app not pointed to it, it's just not there. After leaving it running for a bit, I went to check, and after staring at the green elephant for another 30 seconds, it and several other notebooks are missing. 

Frankly, I've lost patience with using 3 apps for the last 2 years to make things work. I'm in the process as of yesterday copying all 12K notes to Nimbus. If it works as well fully loaded as it has with my partial mobile setup, I'm done. Every time EN issues an update, I jump back in, but it's long since passed the point where I have any hope. 

I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. 

I can't keep doing this. It was the best for 10 years. Now it's not even in the top 5. Sad.

I HATE THIS APP NOW! and I never join these forms to just spout out garbage rants... But the last year or so, this app has gone to #$%#. I have been with Evernote for as long as I can remember and I am at my breaking point. I am currently sitting here watching the green circle of death spin and spin on my desktop computer and NOTHING! I have NEVER been so disappointed in a company. 

Hi Joel... Yup!   I know that "circle of death"!  But not on my laptop or desktop.  Definitely my Androd cell, which is the one I'm most heavily dependent on. 

I have over 37,000 notes, nearly all of them part of a large, long-time research project and series of books I'm writing. The latest thing that happened to me is that all my cell home screen shortcuts disappeared, about 100 of them, because the cell app was updated without notification or permission.  And I had specifically asked EN Support to make sure this never happened. I have  communicated with them quite a few times in the last year. My shortcuts were organized specifically to support the organization of my project, and here I am, unexpectedly, in a hospital for 6 weeks, after I mishap during a surgery.  So I am peeved,  to put it mildly. 

Anyhow, Joel, good luck!  If it continues to mess up, I am converting to another note taking system. But I am also dreading that, so crossing my fingers!

• Evernote Expert
On 8/13/2022 at 3:20 PM, Joel Nest said:

I HATE THIS APP NOW! and I never join these forms to just spout out garbage rants... But the last year or so, this app has gone to #$%#. I have been with Evernote for as long as I can remember and I am at my breaking point. I am currently sitting here watching the green circle of death spin and spin on my desktop computer and NOTHING! I have NEVER been so disappointed in a company. 

Well we've got broad shoulders and can cope with rants. But as you will probably know, these are user to user support spaces. If you want Evernote to know your frustrations then you'll need to open a support ticket.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

No idea why EN is very slow, the old version is even better, but the new version is a design logic error!

Please turn back to the old version design. Now the mobile phone switch to flight mode still opens slow that is a total design error! When the phone is offline, it needs to show the UI interface faster!

• Level 5

What exactly scares you ?

The post right before yours shouldn’t, because it simply shows a lack of understanding of how the mobile app works. Mobile will hold only a small part of the data on the device, and will download the rest from the server when a note is selected. Flight mode means no download …

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problems with Evernote Android app. My notes won't save. I guess it's trying to sync but nothing happens after I press the green check mark.  I can't leve the note and go to EN:s main menu because the meny button is not working. If I quit the app and restart EN, it stars up showing the same note, but parts of the text I entered is now missing!

I've used EN for many years, writing four books and doing enormous amounts of research. I need EN to work with my phone. But it's not working and I have no idea what to do. 

• Like 2

I have the same problem, and this is an OLD PROBLEM, I really hate this from EverNote, I cannot trust in it when I create or edit a note I never know if it will be synced correctly or not !!!!! it's really frustrating !!!!

Today I edited a note in my Android phone, saved it many times, because I'm always afraid of this sync problem.

Then I came to my PC, open thoe note just to see it was not synced (actually partially synced, with just one part of the new data), but the WORST thing is now my phone was DELETED!! the sync was in the opposite direction!!! instead of adding the data to my PC it deleted my new data from my phone !!!! 

Please DO SOMETHING WITH THIS SYNC PROBLEMS !!!!! is a really old and recurrent problem with EverNote

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

While my problems are not as severe as some reports here (maybe coz I use offline notebooks), the performance is bad enough now and ongoing misc sync issues that I now have a switch to another app on my radar, after so many years 😞

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
Em 09/07/2022 at 16:12, Paddy Paddy disse:

Eu uso o Evernote diariamente, é uma parte essencial do meu processo de trabalho. Mas estou farto de problemas de desempenho que me atrasam quando quero apenas inserir ideias em notas o mais rápido possível, no meu celular. Muitas vezes me vejo lutando com desempenho lento e bugs para apenas salvar uma nota de uma frase.

Eu tenho o modelo mais recente e top de linha do telefone Samsung, então não há problema com a velocidade de processamento. Outros aplicativos importantes que uso (Spotify, Chrome, etc) são responsivos e livres de bugs.

Aqui está o que vejo diariamente no Evernote Android:

• é dolorosamente lento para abrir o aplicativo e carregar notas (até mesmo uma nota de uma frase)

• leva uma eternidade para salvar uma nota de qualquer tamanho (novamente, mesmo uma nota de uma frase)

• muitas vezes ele se recusa a salvar minha nota. Já perdi muito trabalho antes porque o aplicativo não conseguiu salvá-lo.

• as notas são frequentemente perdidas porque demoram muito para serem salvas

• pode levar 10 minutos para sincronizar uma nota simples

• usar a captura de imagem do Evernote pode demorar muito

• eu mencionei o quão lento está agora?

Estou tão cansado disso. Essas questões atrapalham drasticamente meu trabalho, minha escrita e captura de ideias, e até mesmo capturar uma frase para fazer um item.

Eu adorava esse aplicativo, agora tenho medo de usá-lo (principalmente no meu celular), porque não sei se alguma coisa vai salvar.

Quando algo é de missão crítica, agora uso o Google Keep. É à prova de balas.

Equipe Evernote - por favor, priorize as correções de bugs e o desempenho em relação a quaisquer novos recursos!!!

It was very good, but I managed to solve it in the simplest way - I didn't renew it. I went back today to see if they had improved the damn app, but I'll continue on Zoho Notebook

• Level 5

You answer to a post that is more than a year old, and a lot has happened in this thread since. You ignore it all.

You really think anybody would care how you "solved" as problem a year ago ? In fact you solved nothing, you walked away from solving it.

• 1 month later...