Problems with creating notes in mobile. Title is shortened

I use Evernote on mobile for many years. In the last month of so, I have a problem: when i create a note, and write a title, let's say "Buy food", the note loses part of the title and is saved as "B" or "Bu". Even if I correct it and validate it again, I get the same issue. I end up having to create notes in the computer.

Anybody has this issue ? Any possible solution ? I tried to disconnect, clear all the data on the mobile and reconnect, didn't help.

I also have some issues with synchronisation from mobile to PC, doesn't work so well.

Android. Yes i had issues with sync too. But the title being shortened happens immediately, a fraction of a second after clicking on save.

It is not systematic though.

I have just deleted and reinstalled. Will see if it gets better. But this never happened to me before and i use EN fpr 9 years now

• Evernote Expert

That you've used Evernote for nine years is probably immaterial. That the issue started a month or so ago probably indicates it came with an update.

Have you followed @gazumped's advice? I'd that doesn't fix things then contact support and open a ticket. 

I had an unrelated issue following the recent v10.35 update. I contacted support who were able to work out what was wrong and weave some magic. But it still required an uninstall/reinstall.

I have also experinced this occasionally. And during the last six month (or something like that), but never before.

In my case the missing parts of the titles appeared after waiting some minutes. Same has happened with note content. Pics disappearing, but then showing up later.

I would quess it's something about the sync been too "eager" - syncing to the server while you are still typing and adding content - and then syncing this half-finished version back?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Evernote Expert
3 minutes ago, CyrilMadrid said:

And since it shortened the title, i would correct it, but same happens even if i do 3 or 4 times

How did the uninstall/reinstall go? Have you had response to your support ticket?

7 hours ago, janndk said:

I have also experinced this occasionally. And during the last six month (or something like that), but never before.

In my case the missing parts of the titles appeared after waiting some minutes. Same has happened with note content. Pics disappearing, but then showing up later.

I would quess it's something about the sync been too "eager" - syncing to the server while you are still typing and adding content - and then syncing this half-finished version back?

Yes, the missing part of the title comes back after waiting some minutes. It's a sync problem. Even in the latest release 10.35, I've seen this occasionally.

I think your analysis is correct: a half-finished version is synced to the server and then back, a typical race condition bug   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_condition

Different than electronJS advocates would like you to  believe, this proves again that cloud application development  takes much more than just writing a bunch of html and javascript pages by web developers.

• Level 5
On 7/10/2022 at 11:27 AM, eric99 said:

I think your analysis is correct: a half-finished version is synced to the server and then back, a typical race condition bug   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_condition

<excursus>Thanks, I learned something new. Now when my wife asks me a question and I answer with what just happened in the ball game instead of what was expected, I'll just tell her it's a race condition. I know she'll be impressed.</excursus>

• Haha 1