Why Can't I Hide The Tasks Feature From the Sidebar?

I have been a premium Evernote user since 2014. 

I don't understand why I am not able to hide the tasks feature from the sidebar view. 

Why does Evernote insist of using it as a permanent advertisement? 

This leads to my next question: Can we potentially see better and more customization to sidebar views? 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  You might want to repost this as a Feature Request since it's not functionality that Evernote currently supports,  and the company doesn't usually reply to random questions in the Forums here.  Most of the responders (including me) are other users offering advice and comment where and when we can.

4 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

Why does Evernote insist of using it as a permanent advertisement? 

Do you not have full access to Tasks then? (Guessing maybe you are Legacy-Premium or Plus user?

I used to be a Legacy-Plus user and it wasn't useful then, but it didn't bother me so much I guess. Tasks is one of the (minor) reasons I upgraded from Legacy-Plus to Personal and I'm honestly finding them way more useful than I thought I would.

4 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

This leads to my next question: Can we potentially see better and more customization to sidebar views?

I agree that would be nice.

• Level 5

I never need the format menu, and I never use multiple windows - but MS Word / Excel / … continues to show these menus to me. Help !

Stupid ? Yes !

As stupid as this request. If you don’t use it, ignore it. 

Just my personal opinion ….

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 5:49 PM, PinkElephant said:

I never need the format menu, and I never use multiple windows - but MS Word / Excel / … continues to show these menus to me. Help !

Stupid ? Yes !

As stupid as this request. If you don’t use it, ignore it. 

Just my personal opinion ….

In the case of MS Word or Excel, I am able to use those features whereas in Evernote, I have to see them all the time taking up space in my sidebar even though I cannot use them (even though I am a Premium legacy subscriber). I wish we could hide certain things from the sidebar that we do not want to use like we could with the note menu with Evernote Legacy.