Image Thumbnail not Displayed on Some Note

Go to solution Solved by Joearf,

• Solution

It’s possible that this question has been answered in another thread, but my searching skills were not good enough to find it. Briefly, my question why for some of my notes I have images appearing in the thumbnails, but for others which I’ve created exactly the same way, instead of an image, the thumbnail shows something that looks like a document. I’ve attached a screenshot to illustrate what I mean. In it there are five thumbnails on the left and on the right is the most recent note (top thumbnail) created in the same way as all the others [pictures were added with the ‘insert’ -> ‘image’ menu and selected from my photo library. 

Not terribly upset about this, but curious

Thanks

D5E1B0DA-7DCA-49A8-A66B-ACC4146502E2.png

• Level 5

You see the time stamp ?

Those with a symbol are fresh notes. I think the thumb nailing (which is a server side service) just has not executed for these notes. Eventually the symbol will be replaced by a thumbnail.

This is my best bet. Maybe set a tag or reminder, and check in a couple of days if the symbol still shows.

• Like 2

It’s possible @PinkElephant (thanks for commenting) is right, but those time stamps of 6 hours represent me having entered and edited the notes recently. They were originally made on the 25th and 28th, at least two days before my opening the topic. As of this morning, they still show no image. Really puzzling. It just seems like every note I’ve created after 26 June is like this (including one from this morning). I’m going to try to create a new note from each of my other devices (iPhone, PC) and see whether, maybe, it’s just an ipad thing.

Looks like I resolved it by re-installing the iPad app after I discovered that notes from my phone and made via the Evernote web interface were showing the thumbnails correctly. I guess the topic can be closed (if that’s an option)

F0CCB3DA-8A2D-46A5-A55C-5586D63F3C4B.png

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 3:54 AM, MightyMeteor said:

A quick work around is to duplicate the note. The copy will be created with the thumbnail. Then, delete the original.

First time signing into Evernote discussion just to give you a 'Thanks'!

• 3 months later...
On 9/7/2022 at 3:54 AM, MightyMeteor said:

A quick work around is to duplicate the note. The copy will be created with the thumbnail. Then, delete the original.

Thank you very much..this is the easy way to solve this annoying problem. Use low resolution image and then duplicate the note. The tumbnail is available in the copy note. Screenshot_20230104_024615_Evernote.thumb.jpg.34e3964b3b551dbd5964447808878a9d.jpg

• 10 months later...

In my case duplicating the note does not generate a thumbnail in the new note.

BTW How do you deal with links to the original note? Links pointing to the orginal note will not link to the duplicated version of the note.