IPad Multiple Window Support

Paul Meyers

Idea

I’ve submitted feedback and support requests for this multiple times.

With iPadOS 16 and Stage Manager coming out in the Fall, we really do need multiple window support. On my desktop Mac, I constantly have multiple Evernote windows open, but when I go mobile with my iPad Pro, I can’t do that. It continues to be a frustration.

• Like 2

2 replies to this idea

Agreed… I love Evernote and have been a vocal supporter of v10, but the iPad app is so lacking. It is just a bigger iPhone app, when it could be so much more and really become my main user of Evernote. The inability to open notes in separate  windows or work on two instances of the app side by side really limits to utility. 

Another big headache I have with the iPad (and iOS) app is the scroll wheel date picker used when scheduling reminders or tasks. It doesn’t show the date of the week, so I constantly need to flip back to my separate calendar app. A month view date picker would be so much better. 

• Level 5

Would be nice stuff, everything. EN currently does very little to adapt inside of a platform like „EN mobile“ to the abilities of specific devices.

If you want to build any pressure, the forum is the wrong place. Issue support tickets, explain your use case. Just „nice to have“ is not enough - make them understand why it may be important for users (new users …) to get a feature. Try the same on the feedback function - it is channeled to EN PM.

Wish you success.