How do you insert rows or columns onto an existing table.

How do you insert rows or columns or change the width of a row or column in a table you've inserted in the newest Evernote.  The old way that is described in the help/how to section of Evernote, no longer works. The Edit a table under the help & learning describes the process as Hover over the gray dot between the rows or columns where you'd like to insert, then click the blue plus (+).  But, this has stopped working when the new version came online.  Is there a new way to do this?  Or is this a glitch?  

3 hours ago, flutediva said:

How do you insert rows or columns or change the width of a row or column in a table you've inserted in the newest Evernote.  The old way that is described in the help/how to section of Evernote, no longer works. The Edit a table under the help & learning describes the process as Hover over the gray dot between the rows or columns where you'd like to insert, then click the blue plus (+).  But, this has stopped working when the new version came online.  Is there a new way to do this?  Or is this a glitch?  

Might be a glitch. On what platform(s) are you experiencing this? Below is an example of me hovering with the blue + sign appearing to add a row. I can also right-click in a table cell to see a context menu to add/delete rows and columns. This example is on macOS.

image.png.4677d5a50162457b22fb319d15a2e403.png

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, eric99 said:

I noticed that the Cornell template contains a nested table.  How can you achieve that in your own tables?

I don't see a nested table. I see one table with some cells merged to make bigger cells.image.png.e43929e41bbf8fe84fe77498f06dd6e3.png

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Mike P said:

I'm sure you are aware that you can merge cells yourself to create the same effect in your own tables.

Yes, I already did it.

To summarize: with this method you go from small to big cells, whereas with nested tables, you could go from big to small cells (which isn't supported by EN)

Both methods have their strengths, depending on the table layout