Cannot Upgrade.. never had an app refuse my money before

OK, I keep getting told of one feature or another that I cannot use until i upgrade to the “professional” plan. I have had Evernote since 2011 (So I think I am a loyal customer). 

I click on the upgrade to professional and it subscribes me (so now I have two subscriptions).  I go back to the app (even sign out then sign back in) and it does not allow me to do the upgraded tasks. It still has me as a “premium” subscriber (Legacy plan).  So, 1) Do I get my money back and 2) How the heck do I upgrade?

• Level 5

You don’t tell exactly how you try to upgrade.

Doing it directly through EN is likely the fastest way, however it will take some hours to trickle through the systems.

If updating on the AppStore/PlayStore, there is an added wait between the systems.

In general upgrading will not create a new account. If it happened, contact support about it, ticket type billing. They can help you to sort it out.

• Level 5
3 hours ago, WolfgangPauli said:

I click on the upgrade to professional and it subscribes me (so now I have two subscriptions).

This sounds like the core of the problem. Upgrading simply adds features to your existing subscription; it shouldn't create an entirely new one. As @PinkElephant said, definitely contact support and start a ticket about this. You don't want to end up paying for both!

• Level 5

If the right action is taken, no problem: Even if 2 accounts are in use, they can be merged. And EN usually sorts out billing issues pretty fast. 

When on one of the Stores, the financial side needs to be handled by Apple or Google.

14 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You don’t tell exactly how you try to upgrade.

Doing it directly through EN is likely the fastest way, however it will take some hours to trickle through the systems.

If updating on the AppStore/PlayStore, there is an added wait between the systems.

In general upgrading will not create a new account. If it happened, contact support about it, ticket type billing. They can help you to sort it out.

I work on a Mac and I clicked, within the program, on the upgrade button. After I selected professional, it automatically charged through the Apple store the fee. It was like an “in app purchase”. 

I have an apple store receipt now but the actual program still has not upgraded. I sent them an email. 

• Level 5

Then you upgraded through the Mac AppStore, this means your iCloud/iTunes account.

The upgrade and the payment needs to be processed by Apple, and then send to EN. EN needs to link it with your account, and release the additional functions on the server. Although all this is an automatic process, it is inter company, and there may be data collected before transfer (like all updates of a day).

This can take more than a day until your account upgrades visibly. Maybe try to log out and back in to refresh the status information.

EN support can help you about account issues - payments and related issues need to be handled through Apple.