No more "Release Notes"? ​🤔​

What happened to "Release Notes" - haven't seen them awhile? Where to find info about the new releases? Mainly interested to follow what's happening in the Android app.

9 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Android app … the current one is in another help document where you find all current ones in a single file.

00387B39-6D6B-4282-AC20-4A8CB8136267.thumb.jpeg.c9d63124c512ed0885cc5571705eaa7e.jpeg

Ah - totally different location. Found it now. Thanks.

Still wonder, why have a section about release notes in the forum, if it's not in use anymore and notes are now somewhere else? 🤥

• Evernote Expert
15 hours ago, janndk said:

Release Notes for [at least] three last releases are missing. Newest update, today: 10.34.1 (1123458)

Yes, but my personal view is that some releases never seen to make it to everyone. 10.33 was a case in point. So I ponder whether these release notes get prayed only when there is a certainty that it is going to everyone. I still don't have 10.34.

Add to that that @Shane D.has moved on to me employment and he was the one who took the initiate and there are several explanations. But all connector from my out of view ;)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, agsteele said:

Yes, but my personal view is that some releases never seen to make it to everyone. 10.33 was a case in point. So I ponder whether these release notes get prayed only when there is a certainty that it is going to everyone. I still don't have 10.34.

Add to that that @Shane D.has moved on to me employment and he was the one who took the initiate and there are several explanations. But all connector from my out of view ;)

I can probably manage without release notes for every minor update - was just wondering why there wasn't any. However, some info about what's new and/or fixed would be nice to be able to follow on. 

• Like 1

Interesting. How did folks find out that Shane D is no longer with Evernote? Usually the profiles of former employees get changed to "Alumni" or something like that. Shane's still shows as forum administrator.

Release notes for the latest version(s) of Evernote for Android would be nice, but I'd also like to see accurate release notes for desktop! The latest 10.39 release  for desktop trumpeted some new linking features that as far as I can tell, aren't new at all?

• Level 5

On desktop I got the release notes box every time I updated the client. On the web it shows when the client got his update.

On mobile I really don’t remember if it is a regular. Usually I update manually, so I see the new client in the download list, and it always has a text attached.

For both clients is true that not every little fix or change is showing in the notes.

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Paul A. said:

Interesting. How did folks find out that Shane D is no longer with Evernote? Usually the profiles of former employees get changed to "Alumni" or something like that. Shane's still shows as forum administrator.

Release notes for the latest version(s) of Evernote for Android would be nice, but I'd also like to see accurate release notes for desktop! The latest 10.39 release  for desktop trumpeted some new linking features that as far as I can tell, aren't new at all?

I believe that the change is that you can drag and drop a note link rather than an external link.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

@Paul A.

About the release notes: What I observe on the Mac client is actually a new way of creating links by drag & drop.

1 hour ago, agsteele said:

I believe that the change is that you can drag and drop a note link rather than an external link.

I tested this before upgrading to v39, and in v38 it provided internal note links as well. v38 also allowed multiple notes to be dragged and would create links for all. In fact, I've had this ability for a while, as for months I've occasionally tested the ability to drag a note into another note to create an internal link.

This is why a) I was puzzled that it was still listed as "coming soon", and b) I was expecting that the feature would get more advanced capabilities of some kind.

And perhaps it is more advanced in some undocumented way, or perhaps it worked first on macOS and now works on Windows as well and that's why they are only now mentioning it, but that's why I made the post below, as I can't actually detect any differences in the implementation of dragging notes to create links. 🤷‍♂️ Perhaps @gbarrycan weigh in on the below?

• Like 1