Ability to do simple calculations in tables

Mike Vila

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Maybe they can. Probably they can't. We don't know. 

If you search the forum, you will find a feature request thread going back some years, asking for this. It is drawing votes, but up to now, calc in tables has not materialized.

Maybe add your vote there as well.

And to the topic: I agree, missing a quick sum or count as well. Workaround is to put the table into a spreadsheet, and nest it into the note.

Thanks for responding PinkElephant. I did a search for 'table calculations' but nothing came up so I posted this. I tried to vote but it won't let me vote on my own request. I don't see a way to nest a spreadsheet. I can drag and drop the file, but not nest the actual Apple Numbers spreadsheet?

• Level 5

It sort of depends on your client.

The Mac desktop client can only open the numbers file, not show it inline. The Windows desktop client doesn't even know something like Numbers exist ...

The iOS client can open the numbers file for display, but won't change it. Or it can open the file for editing, but not save it back to the same note.

So no, it is not the same as a table in EN that would do its own math.

On 6/17/2022 at 3:56 PM, Mike Vila said:

I would love to switch from my complicated spreadsheet software to do simple calculations. Can you please add the ability to do SUM and other simple calculations in Evernote tables, please.

Evernote! Can you please add the ability to do SUM and other simple calculations in Evernote tables, please!!!
Tell us when, we will wait patiently. Please, answer us.