(Archived) Webclipper Questions / How to hide the Clipping Popup?

evermullah

Hi all,

i'm using the Webclipper 4.0.0.106602 on firefox mac/win and i'm not sure about, this is the correct forum, so please move this thread if it belongs somewhere else.

unfortunately i'm using a german windows XP/mac snow leopard, and cannot set firefox to show the text of the EN extension in english. although i have installed the english versions of firefox on mac/win....

i do not understand the sense of the settings which i marked in the image here:

post-21234-131906068934_thumb.png

would anybody please so kind and explain to me, what those settings mean/will do? (or point me to a place where i can read about the settings.)

i really do not understand and see any difference, or get the expected results, while changing something.

i.e. i think, "notitzbrowser anzeigen" may be that new popup, which comes up after using the webclipper, where the user can enter some informations and then save the note into EN.

i do not need such a popup, so i disabled that option "never", but it seems not to work, or i'm looking at the wrong option.

so, in addition, to my fist question, can anybody tell me, how i stop this new popup from showing up every time i clip something?

post-21234-131906068942_thumb.jpg

this happens on EN4 only, i think. my settings there are:

post-21234-131906068939_thumb.jpg

English version:

post-8171-131906068943_thumb.png

It looks like you may be using an older version, since you're missing an option for the clip destination. Try updating Firefox to the latest version and search for "Evernote Firefox" on Google to install the latest extension.

The "Clip full page" setting specifies whether to clip the full web page if you don't have any selection. This overrides an option on the clipping dialog when you actually clip.

The "Destination" specifies where new notes should go in your account. Normally, it will remember the notebook you select when you clip, and use that on your next clip.

The clip styling option lets you choose whether to include CSS in the clipped content. This makes some notes better looking, but may make them harder to edit.

The last two options determine what happens if you dismiss the little clipping window without hitting the button to save it.

thanks for explaining it to me :-)

i checked the version number on my mac and pc: both 4.0.0.106602

i deinstalled the extension and installed it again. just to be sure.

if something is missing, than there must be an other reason. i'm using the current version.

i will now deactivate that styling option (CSS), because there are truely big problems with editing such a clipped note. good to know what that option is about, thanks.

but to the most important point for me:

you' ve explained the last two points.

so i guess, that if i do not want to see that window/popup again, i need to set it up, like i did screenshot: my settings on the Windows7 Computer, where EN4 is installed), or?

show note browser: never
quicknote autosaving: remember

but that window always come and nags me...

so what do i need to set up to abandom this window/popup?

I'd recommend that you choose the option to clip directly to your client instead of using the web. This will generally result in faster clipping, since your own computer is doing the work and then has the note immediately in your client.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Jeff. I don't see an option to clip to the client in Chrome, as I see in Safari and Firefox. I am further confused in reading Dave's post here:

http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?uid=26157&f=39&t=18087&start=0#p73665

Currently, the Chrome clipper is entirely web-based ... Google doesn't really encourage native code in their extensions. We may revisit this in the future, however, so that the Chrome clipper can go directly to our native application.

Thank you again, Jeff.

I have that installed. Does the version for Chrome for Mac not have that functionality? Perhaps I am missing it, but I can't see in the options a what to configure to clip from Chrome to the EN Mac client.

• Level 5*

Sorry, I can't help on the Mac. Windows-only. But surely, Chrome extensions -- not just Evernote's -- in on the Mac can be configured, right? If not via a right-click option, how about through Chrome's Tools / Extensions?

~Jeff

Oops, I got confused on this one, sorry.

The "clip to the client" option is in Firefox, not in Chrome. The Chrome extension is pure Javascript that can't run any native code (as part of the Chrome design), so it can't clip directly to our native application.

I'd recommend that you choose the option to clip directly to your client instead of using the web. This will generally result in faster clipping, since your own computer is doing the work and then has the note immediately in your client.

hmm... as far as i see in my screenshots here, i do not clip, using the web.

i already clip into the client.

and this is why i do not understand your answer and need to ask again:

what do i need to set up to abandom this* window/popup?

(*last lines in my last post show what window i'm refering to)

• 1 month later...

Archived