Allow Setting of Sort on a Per-Notebook Basis

kd5byb

Idea

Suggestion!

For most of my notes in my various Evernote notebooks, I have them displayed in the "Date Updated" mode with most recent first.  This works great - newer stuff appears first.  However, I've got one notebook where I keep my pay statements.  Unfortunately, I forget to put them in Evernote when I first get them, so I can't sort them by "Date Updated" or "Date Created" as I might drop three in there at once to catch up, and they have all the same dates.  I need to sort by Title, as the title has the date of the pay statement.  Every time I go into this notebook, I have to change my sorting to sort by Title.  And then when I got back to my other notebooks, I've got to switch it back to sort by Date Updated.

I'd love to set my "pay statements" notebook to always sort by title, and all my other notebooks to sort by Date Updated.

Thanks!

-ben

4 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, kd5byb said:

TA DA!  That worked!  Thanks much!

-ben

Very happy for you but it certainly doesn't work for me as described here:

What's your secret?

10.38.3-win-ddl-public (3437)
Editor: v149.0.18202
Service: v1.53.4
© 2019 - 2022 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Hi Mike P:  My secret is that I didn't test it very thoroughly!  It seemed like it worked ONCE, then wouldn't work again.  So it doesn't work for me either now that I've tried going back and forth several times.  :(

I'm on the same exact version.  :(

thanks much,

ben

10.38.3-win-ddl-public (3437)
Editor: v149.0.18202
Service: v1.53.4
© 2019 - 2022 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Thanks 1