How many versions are kept in Note History?

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Hi there!

Does anyone know how many versions are kept in the Note History? I noticed I only have logs going from today till April 28th 2022.

I checked the Evernote FAQs but they didn't mention the details.

@DTLow Oh. That's great!

I don't have any other note that is as long or as frequently updated to reference. Perhaps my note had a glitch due to Note Conflict, or some other one-off incident. Thanks!

• Level 5*

I believe Note History is supposed to start with the creation of the note,  though it can be reset by a major change like moving from one notebook to another.  Don't know if that's still the case in v10.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

I believe Note History is supposed to start with the creation of the note,  though it can be reset by a major change like moving from one notebook to another.  Don't know if that's still the case in v10.

hmm, I just tested this in V10 and the note history isn't reset when moving from one notebook to another.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Note history is not depending on moving a note. Each note has a unique ID, and note history is moving along, wherever is goes.

Something else is a duplicated note: It is a clone of the original note, but note history is pristine.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Note history is not depending on moving a note. Each note has a unique ID, and note history is moving along, wherever is goes.

Something else is a duplicated note: It is a clone of the original note, but note history is pristine.

So, in case of duplicate notes, if you decide to proceed with the cloned version and delete the original, your history is probably lost?

• Like 1
  • Level 5
  • Solution

Yes, if you proceed with the duplicate, it starts with note history set to zero. From there it will build its own history.

Sometimes good to know: It is a simple way to get rid of all the older versions while keeping the content.

Just try it yourself !

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Yes, if you proceed with the duplicate, it starts with note history set to zero. From there it will build its own history.

Sometimes good to know: It is a simple way to get rid of all the older versions while keeping the content.

Just try it yourself !

for instance, if your encrypted note was saved unencrypted before (unintentionally)

• Like 3