With the latest update to Evernote 10.34 (1123451) it seems that there is a problem with the widget "Actions". I installed the widget on my home screen (iPad Pro 5th gen, 12,9 in) with an external keyboard (Apple) and when I click on the button to add a task the input field is moved to the top of my screen, impossible to type anything. I have to click to get the "internal" keyboard to be able to add a task. Not a problem on my iPhone (no external keyboard). Same problem if I use the "Tasks" widget. Also, the same problem is present if I use my iPad on landscape or portrait orientation.

No problem to add a new note or the search button when they open Evernote.

Any idea ?

Well it seems not consistent! It reverted back to the what I described when I started the topic. When clicking on the "task" icon on the "Action" widget Evernote screen comes to front and the input field is way up and cannot be used. Even if I close and reopen Evernote, the same problem is coming back. If I close my iPad and reopen it, it is working correctly only for a few minutes, hours, and then same thing comes back.

I do not understand, am I doing something wrong or not using the widget correctly ???

Thanks for the reply. When you write "switch it completely off" it is what I meant when I wrote "close and reopen"... just english is not my primary language 😊, I am french canadien. I did it again "switch it completely off", right now it is working correctly, but I don't know for how long.  

Hope it will be OK know!

Thanks again

• Level 5

If you have a weird behavior on a mobile device, the reason is often that there is data left over in the devices memory that has lost the connection to the app. The battery will keep it practically indefinitely alive.

Switching it once completely off clears out this problem. It does not always help - but it is simple and a good first step. If it works, no further effort need, and if not, no harm is done by trying.

Thanks, in my weekly routine on Sunday mornings I switch off my iPad, iPhone and PC, then I do a restart. But, since the update was early this week I had not run my weekly routine :) I did it after your email. So far so good! We'll see in the next few days.

Thanks again for the time you took guiding me.

• Like 1