"Don't Show" option on scanning pop-up

gazumped

Idea

• Level 5*

Hi. I'm trying out scanning direct to Evernote with a ScanSnap S1500 / EN 10.38.3 / and Win 11 desktop. 

I'd normally scan to folder, OCR and edit the files / filenames as necessary,  then batch import to Evernote.  OCR is now part of scanning though;  and renaming can happen in Evernote directly,  either manually or via Filterize;  so other options are possible.

The only fly in the ointment is this handy notice which pops up every. single. time. and needs a keypress to go away.

Please either give us a way to opt for "Don't show this again" or some other setting for batch scanning?

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, agsteele said:

I never get a message like this. Which scanning software are you using? ScanSnap Manager or ScanSnap Cloud.

ScanSnap Manager 5.6.1.10 - after installing my (rather elderly) S1500 in Win 11,  I get options to scan to Evernote "as a document" or "as a note".  One generates the usual PDF file,  the other includes the scanned document into the note inside an HTML frame.  In either case I get the pop-up below (I may have forgotten to include that in my last post...)

It only requires a dab at the keyboard to make it go away,  but it is every. single. time...

208064068_Screenshot2022-06-10073248.png.ea57a9cfc992951f0627f7aa2a464822.png

• Level 5

Maybe another reason to give the Import folder path a chance:

Scan to folder, Scan Snap Manager, then it shows in a window where the file name is specified. After setting it (it will be the note title, so it saves rework to do it here), I confirm, and it is send to the import folder. Seconds later it shows up in a fresh note.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Just realised I'm behaving like most other users - "but I want to do it my way" when yes,  there are easy ways around this... ;)

Even the wording annoys me though - why not just "We Imported your Note to the Default Notebook"?  :D

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

ScanSnap Manager 5.6.1.10 - after installing my (rather elderly) S1500 in Win 11,  I get options to scan to Evernote "as a document" or "as a note".  One generates the usual PDF file,  the other includes the scanned document into the note inside an HTML frame.  In either case I get the pop-up below (I may have forgotten to include that in my last post...)

Just to note that the current 'latest' version of ScanSnap Manager is badged 7.2 L50 so you may get an improved result with that. https://scansnap.fujitsu.com/global/dl/setup/w-ix1500-inst2-v7.html?MODEL=5019

Nevertheless - Scanning directly into Evernote will give you the click option to take focus to the note you've just created which may well be what most users might require. Like @PinkElephant I take advantage of scanning direct to an Import Folder (I have three set up for different purposes). That avoids the pop-up. One of the many minor tweaks to workflow to do the same thing with v10.

• Level 5*
57 minutes ago, agsteele said:

the current 'latest' version of ScanSnap Manager is badged 7.2 L50

Yeah - my S1500 can't update to the latest version according to Fujitso.  It's not a direct match with an IX500 AFAIK...