selection of notes with tags

Claudiofpiga

Idea

Hi 

does anybody had some problems selecting the tags in the left menu ? I'm using the  Windows version 10.38.1  in my laptop ;  the list of tags displays the number of notes with the tag ,  but when choosing the required tags , only a few notes are displayed .

They become available if I go first with the EN web ,  then I can access the note 

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Claudiofpiga said:

Hi 

does anybody had some problems selecting the tags in the left menu ? I'm using the  Windows version 10.38.1  in my laptop ;  the list of tags displays the number of notes with the tag ,  but when choosing the required tags , only a few notes are displayed .

They become available if I go first with the EN web ,  then I can access the note 

OK I'm literal minded. How,  exactly,  do you 'go first' with the Web and then access a note in the desktop app?  And why? If you can see it in the web app,  why not edit it there?

I don't have any problems (AFAIK) accessing notes from tags,  but I am aware it's not a real-time process - sometimes tagged notes take a while to appear in one app if created or edited in another.  If you're experiencing real pain from the process,  I'd suggest raising it with Support.

I don't go first to EN web ,  in fact  I don't / didn't use EN web  very much ( I only use EN windows /  iPad and iOs) , almost never .

But ,  when I had the problem accesing the notes with the tags with the Windows app  ,  I tried to do the same at EN web ( reocmmended bu support ) and I found  ,  the notes selection  by tags was working fine .

I prefer not to use EN Web (  offline access , opening of attached files -  with EN web you have to download the attached file first ,  etc) .

In my case ,  opening notes by tags selection  worked great always  ,  it was one of my favorite features (  easy find and easy open )  

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Well I ran a test on my own account 10.38.1 on a Dell desktop,  and of the random tags I tested,  all the notes showing in the note count by the tag showed up in the search window when I clicked the tag.  It is possible to delete the database file and rebuild it if you want to take the time - 

• Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  • Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option
  • Click Sign out.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Sign back in to Evernote (NB it will take a little while to rebuild local information)