Evernote 10.38.1 for Mac

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Hi guys! Ever since my Evernote updated, the app won't load. I've tried to close the program and reopen it, and I've also deleted and reinstalled it, but I'm just getting a spinning wheel. I can access my notes via browser, but I'm not sure how to resolve the app and get it to load properly. Thanks so much!

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 2.56.40 PM.png

• Level 5
  • Solution

Probably your local database is creating the problem. It will not be replaced, even not by an uninstall, because the Mac treats it (correctly) as data, which will not be removed by an uninstall.

Option 1: Get the app AppCleaner from the web, install it and run it to uninstall. When the list of components appears, check all of them to remove every part of the install. Then (to be safe) restart the Mac, and reinstall the EN client.

Option 2: Log out of your account, then quit the app (really shut it down, not only closing it), then remove the „Evernote“ folder here: 

~/Library/Application Support/

Restart the app, log in. Should do now.

In both cases I t needs to download your data again from the EN server. Content for offline use will only be available after a while, maybe several days if on a slow internet.

• Thanks 1
On 6/3/2022 at 6:20 PM, PinkElephant said:

Probably your local database is creating the problem. It will not be replaced, even not by an uninstall, because the Mac treats it (correctly) as data, which will not be removed by an uninstall.

Option 1: Get the app AppCleaner from the web, install it and run it to uninstall. When the list of components appears, check all of them to remove every part of the install. Then (to be safe) restart the Mac, and reinstall the EN client.

Option 2: Log out of your account, then quit the app (really shut it down, not only closing it), then remove the „Evernote“ folder here: 

~/Library/Application Support/

Restart the app, log in. Should do now.

In both cases I t needs to download your data again from the EN server. Content for offline use will only be available after a while, maybe several days if on a slow internet.

Thanks so much PinkElephant, option 2 worked like a charm. I had to close the app, delete the folder, and then restart the app. Once I logged in, it loaded up properly and I was all set to go. Thanks again!

• Like 1