Latest Evernote not installing on Android

Go to solution Solved by DaviesBev,

9 hours ago, DaviesBev said:

Well that's helpful. Is that information published anywhere? I've spent literally hours trying to figure out my issues with Evernote. So very frustrating trying to get a simple tool to \work for you.

• Level 5
53 minutes ago, DaviesBev said:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055388913, and scroll down to the FAQs. I'm also on an Android 9 device, and while it says in that article that they're working hard to make it retroactive to pre-Android 10, I stopped holding my breath a long time ago. Possibly the Google Play info on the Evernote app might have something in the fine print.

• Solution

Hmm. I'm going to switch to pen and paper until I find another tool. I've spent way too much time on Evernote and it's still not working for me and my simple lists. Disappointing.

• Level 5

Currently you blame the misery of the Android updates at the wrong address.

The makers of Android phones fail to keep them up to date - and let their users bite the bullet. Some seems to realize that this is not the way how you build user confidence - and for sure not the way to save the planet.

EN would need to invest a lot of devs hours into Android versions that are slowly disappearing. Android 9 and below is less than 20% of all Android phones and tablets currently in use. And this share is falling, not rising. Probably the share among EN subscribers is even lower, because the older devices are likely not in the hands of subscribers.

You can install the legacy Android client through an apk. If you want to use EN, that’s the way to go until you move on to Android 10 and above.

• Level 5
3 hours ago, DaviesBev said:

Hmm. I'm going to switch to pen and paper until I find another tool. I've spent way too much time on Evernote and it's still not working for me and my simple lists. Disappointing.

Admittedly Evernote 8 does not have many of the valuable styling and filtering tools of v. 10, but for simple lists I would think it would be fine. There are lots of list-making apps if you don't need to sync to other devices--I like Color Note.