Making Evernote work with Apple Calendar?

Hi guys,

I've been wanting to switch to Evernote for some time as my central productivity 'hub'.  My one technical issue is because of the need to keep Apple Calendars because of sharing it with other people, I haven't been able to do it yet.  I need Evernote to come up with what they currently have with the sync with Google Calendar.  Does anyone know if that is being considered / developed?

In the mean time, does anyone know of how to create a clean two way sync between Google and Apple calendar?  If i can do that, I can enter / see the info on my end from Evernote (Google) but everyone else can see from Apple calendar.

Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

No, nobody here knows. At least none of the users who are not Evernote staff. We do know that the word was that the next in line would be Outlook calendars so you might guess that Apple could follow on. But we don't know.

I believe that others have shared their Apple calendars with a Google Calendar to achieve what you suggest. Hopefully one of them will be along shortly.

• Sad 1

So if I could figure out HOW to share my Apple calendar with Google, that might work.  So far I've only been able to share Google with Apple, but not the other way around yet.  I've seen Youtube videos from a year ago that reference and option in the Google calendar app to add an account and add iOS, but that option is no longer there.

I use an Zoho Flow (same as Zapier) to sync bookings from my Zoho Calendar to a Google calendar. Evernote picks this up.

Maybe connect Apple calendar to Google via an automation service.

Its only one way sync but does the job for me. 

• Level 5

The Google calendar works (OK, EN is hosted on Google servers, so probably this was an easy one).

It is announced (but already quite a while ago, shortly after the Google calendar was introduced) they are working on an Outlook link as next step.

No announcements at all about other calendars, namely the Apple calendar.

What has successfully been done was to link the Apple calendar to a Google calendar, and then this to the EN widget. This is how far it takes me, because I do not use Google services at all (where I can avoid it). So no idea of how good it works, and if it is a 2-way sync.

Steps to integrate Apple Calendar in Google Calendar:

1. Go to the settings of an individual calendar in Apple Calendar (via the icon on the right of the name of the calendar in the calendars list).
  2. Turn on Public Calendar and copy the shared link (something beginning with webcal://)
  3. Go to Google Calendar and add a new calendar from the copied URL

Now the calendar is integrated in Google Calendar. But be aware that it might sometimes take several hours until a new item in Apple Calendar appears in Google Calendar as well. And of course your calendar is now public and everyone knowing the URL is able to access it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, SookeTCer said:

I'm also looking at how to link Apple Calendar to Google Calendar and just found this link that could be of interest: https://help.practicebetter.io/hc/en-us/articles/115000669508-Linking-your-Apple-iCloud-Calendar-to-Google-Calendar

These are actually the same steps I listed three postings above yours. But maybe the additional screenshots help people.

• Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...

Hello there! 
Here is my way for Apple Calendar integration in Evernote Calendar…

1. Create a Google Account (Gmail) if one do not have one already
  2. link this new account (calendar) in the Apple calendar
  3. links the Google calendar to Evernote calendar 
  4. Create an in the actual used apple calendar (e.g. the calendar you would use for this specific event in your agenda) and invite the gmail account
  5. The event will now be sync with in Evernote
  6. all the beautiful goodies with Evernote calendar can now be used

On 6/2/2022 at 2:42 PM, mikeswalkabout said:

I've been wanting to switch to Evernote for some time as my central productivity 'hub'.  My one technical issue is because of the need to keep Apple Calendars because of sharing it with other people, I haven't been able to do it yet.  I need Evernote to come up with what they currently have with the sync with Google Calendar.  Does anyone know if that is being considered / developed?

In the mean time, does anyone know of how to create a clean two way sync between Google and Apple calendar?  If i can do that, I can enter / see the info on my end from Evernote (Google) but everyone else can see from Apple calendar.

Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks!

I dont know about Apple Calendar but I use Outlook and have a small programme from 4Team called Sync2 which syncs my Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar & vice-versa.

• Level 5

There is no need for such a program. Set up a calendar in Google. Link your Apple calendar to the Google calendar, then link the Google calendar to EN. Done - you will now get the content of your Apple calendar synced to EN, via Google. It is a one way sync - for changes or additions, you need to go to your Apple calendar and make the entries there.

If and when there will be a direct link is open. EN has announced that Outlook will be next, and this is likely to materialize in the next months. No further plans have been announced.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5

We can't know if there is a timeline any more for a next calendar integration. If there is, it will be Outlook that goes next.

This means, anybody looking for a calendar that is not Google and maybe not Outlook should sync by using a Google calendar as intermediary. Anything else is not even on the horizon.