Evernote 10.38.1 for Windows not loading

Evernote isn't loading. I've tried deleting and reinstalling (both through Windows Store and Evernote website). Just get a spinning green wheel/arrow but no Evernote. Seems there was a recent release which isn't working. How do we fix whatever is going wrong with this release? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure that there is anything to fix - my system updated to 10.38.1 this morning and everything seems fine.  Did you try uninstalling both the app and removing your data before a reinstall?  Check also that you don't have any issues with your disk space or network connection,  and there's no competition from someone else on the same network downloading War & Peace.

• Ex Employees
11 hours ago, bres said:

Evernote isn't loading. I've tried deleting and reinstalling (both through Windows Store and Evernote website). Just get a spinning green wheel/arrow but no Evernote. Seems there was a recent release which isn't working. How do we fix whatever is going wrong with this release? 

Thanks for this report. We're looking into this now. Please send me your activity logs in a DM when you get a moment. 

1. Click the search icon located near the Windows button.
  2. Search for %appdata% and press Enter.
  3. Click inside the Evernote folder, then click inside the logs folder.
  4. Select all files, then right-click and select Send to > Compressed (Zipped) Folder.
  5. Save and attach the zipped file then Send them to me in a direct message here 

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
12 hours ago, bres said:

I see that @Austin G has jumped in so I'm sure you will get some assistance. A quick question though... Are you on a paid subscription or the free package. The issue you describe is often experienced when free users get more than three devices linked to their account. You can check in your account settings and disconnect all your devices then start again. Of course, if you are paying for a package then I'm barking up the wrong tree... ;)

I am having the same issue on Windows 10. After update to 10.38.1 the elephant icon with rotating circle and tips is all that shows.

Help and some other menu items are available, but no notes and log out is greyed out.

I uninstalled and re-installed. This versions is broken.

Thanks all for tips/suggestions

To agsteele: I'm a free user. I believe I only have my phone and laptop as devices using Evernote.

To gazumped: No one doing War & Peace. Disk is pretty full but I would think has room. I'll aim to free up some room.

To Austin G: you say DM you with file - do you mean add it to this forum thread? I'm not sure where/how I DM you with a file as don't think I've used this platform before.

• Level 5

DM means the direct message, not here in the forum. Click on the user badge of Austin in his post, then on that little envelope symbol you will see there.

A dialogue opens like a web email page (because it is exactly that). Use it to send the information. Everything in there is protected, only you and Austin can see it. When you go through his account page, he will already be preselected as recipient.

• Evernote Expert
6 hours ago, bres said:

I'm a free user. I believe I only have my phone and laptop as devices using Evernote.

But have you checked? It is easy to gain extra 'devices'. For example the web browser interface and the desktop app count as separate devices. Legacy and v10 will count as separate devices. Best to check. It may be the ready answer to your issue.

How I fixed issue on Windows 10. After update to 10.38.1 the elephant icon constantly rotating circle.

1. Uninstalled the EverNote app

2. Deleted the %AppData% > Roaming > Evernote folder

3. Installed the EverNote app and logged in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, glennt210 said:

How I fixed issue on Windows 10. After update to 10.38.1 the elephant icon constantly rotating circle.

1. Uninstalled the EverNote app

2. Deleted the %AppData% > Roaming > Evernote folder

3. Installed the EverNote app and logged in.

I didn't even need to uninstall.  I had success by signing out, deleting this folder, then signing back in.

Thank you for this post!  It worked for me.

• Like 1

Did you manage to get it resolved? I have the same problem - upgraded to the new version, but the wheel keeps spinning indefinitely. Tried to uninstall and get the new version from the website, but the problem remains.

I also tried re-installing the old version, but now my notes are a "view only" and I can't edit them. Then I tried upgrading to the new version through the deksktop app, and now 80% of my notes are missing.

This is frustrating to say the least. The in-web version seems to be working though...

If anyone has any suggestions/help, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. May I ask if you've tried both of the suggestions in the preceding posts? They both involve deleting the %AppData% > Roaming > Evernote folder, which is where Evernote's data are stored. Just installing the program itself may not be enough.

• Like 1

Nobody has mentioned this but if you do what is recommended - delete the appdata\roaming\evernote folder, you will NOT lose any of your data.

Nor do you need to delete and reinstall the app/program.

Just close the app/program, delete the folder and rerun the program. It works!

If you have an error message when trying to delete the folder, restart your computer and try again.

OK?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ThrallC said:

Also deleted all related files. And nothing

Not sure that's an answer to the question.  Did you find and delete the %AppData% > Roaming > Evernote folder?

• Level 5

The place on the Mac is

~/Library/Application Support/

The ~ means in the users directory. There is a folder „Evernote“ that contains data and settings. Remove it while the app is not running (closed by cmd-q). When the app is restarted, it forces a download of the missing data from the EN web server.

• Like 1

Hi All, I retried the delete Evernote folder process. I had already done this but didn't have success. Tried again (and though I couldn't delete 2 of the files - got caught up in need permission loop) - and lo and behold it worked. I also had deleted the web version from my account (though this didn't seem to make any difference when I did a couple of days ago). So maybe doing it on a Sunday morning allowed the IT gods to smile on me a little bit and grant me a wish. Whatever... it seems to be working again.

I appreciate all the comments and contributions ... and to those others having problems - good luck.

• Like 3
On 6/4/2022 at 5:39 PM, PinkElephant said:

The place on the Mac is

~/Library/Application Support/

The ~ means in the users directory. There is a folder "Evernote“ that contains data and settings. Remove it while the app is not running (closed by cmd-q). When the app is restarted, it forces a download of the missing data from the EN web server.

This process worked for me. I deleted the ~/Library/Application Support/Evernote folder, and then when I restarted the app, it asked me to log in again, after which it proceeded to re-update with all of my existing notes. Back up and running again. Thank you so much!

• Like 1