Hello, in the last few weeks my Evernote has become unusable on my Mac (2015 Pro, Monterey 12.4). Whenever I try to edit it a note, after writing a word or two Mac's spinning wheel of death appears. I looked through some suggestions on this forum and one suggestion was that it might be a sync issue with one note stuck, but I don't see any notes that seem stuck syncing. I've also updated Evernote and my Mac software recently. Not sure if it's related.

Any advice?

• Level 5*

Hi.  There are I think a few posts here about similar issues after updating to Evernote v10.38.  No solutions yet AFAIK - maybe use the web version while this is resolved?  And - if  you can - raise a support request.

• Level 5

1) If looking for advise for the Mac, posting in the iOS subforum is not the first thing that crosses my mind.

2) Usually this problem at startup (always) and maybe while using is related to a corrupted local database. This can’t be healed by updating, it sometimes even makes things worse. But luckily the master copy of your database is on the EN cloud server.

If the client is starting, you can replace the database following this procedure:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
If it is not starting at all, you may try this
  1. Quit Evernote (cmd-Q, not only closing the app)
  2. Open Finder
  3. From the menu bar select Go > Go To Folder...
  4. Paste ~/Library/Application Support/ and press Go. If you don't find this directory, try ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/ and press Go.
  5. Locate the folder titled Evernote and rename it to Evernote.old.
  6. Restart the Mac
  7. Launch Evernote and try signing in.

if it is working, you can later delete the renamed OLD folder - this will free several GB of disk space.

• Like 2