Desktop App stopped working on iMac

My Evernote app stopped working on my iMac. The iMac is loaded with Monterey 12.4

A reinstall has not resolved the problem. The error message says the problem is on Evernote's side. This does not help me.
I have copied the error report which I can supply.
Try as I might I cannot find a direct support contact. 
Anyone with some ideas?

Text file copy.txt

Unfortunately I have no other information other than what I have stated

As I said I was unable to find a direct way of contacting evernote directly, Maybe you have a link I could use.It would help.

This instruction is what I followed on the "Help & Learning" page
"

• Get Support

If you’re having trouble with Evernote, check out the articles in Help & Learning or get assistance from other Evernote users in our discussion forums. Evernote Personal, Professional, and Teams customers can also access additional support options.

Not really sure how to proceed. Any suggestions would be appreciated

• Level 5

The link is posted in my thread above.

Support on technical issues is restricted to subscribers only. If you are on a subscription, the link should work. If not, you may think about subscribing, maybe for a month, to gain access.

You don't really give concrete information, no idea why. A screenshot of what you see would be a starting point.

Are you on the Free plan at the moment ?

Thanks for the time it is really appreciated, I am subscribed as a premium user. I am away from my home just now but will post a screenshot as you suggest as soon as I return tomorrow. 

• Level 5

OK, being on a subscription takes the device limit of the free plan out of the possible solutions. I am running EN 10.38 on my MacBook Pro with Monterey 12.4.

Post a screenshot, and we see where we get from there.

FWIW, I'm having a similar problem after upgrading to 10.38.1 (on MacOS Catalina). For me the application just won't start up. A window appears with the spinning Evernote icon along with the tips displaying at the bottom...the application goes no further. I too have uninstalled and reinstalled.

I've submitted a support request via the link provided in this thread.

• Level 5

When uninstalling, do not simply use the Macs own uninstaller. It will not touch a part of what is on the disk from the EN installation - and even a corrupted database can kill the login.

Get the app AppCleaner from the web, install it and use it to uninstall EN. Make sure to uninstall everything, app, settings and data.

Then restart the Mac, and reinstall from the EN website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mr PinkElephant you are a STAR! the AppCleaner was a winner as once EN was removed, the Mac rebooted and the app reinstalled, normality returned to the arena.

One again thank you for your patience with a forum newby.

FYI info I have included the error messages, maybe they assist someone else too.

Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 16.02.24.png

Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 16.02.51.png

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Everybody started in the forum one day by adding his first posting to the pool of knowledge … while new users join, the knowledge base grows. Good for everybody, if new here or an old tusker doesn’t matter.

• Thanks 1

My issue is resolved as well. I used the app named "CleanMyMac X", downloaded from the Apple Store to completely remove the Evernote application. After doing so, I reinstalled Evernote and the issue is now resolved. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Thanks for posting. Yes, CleanMyMac does something similar as AppCleaner, as does for example a tool in the Parallels toolbox. I just mention AppCleaner because it is freely available on the Internet.

Good it returned to work for you. This corruption of the local database is something to keep in mind - whenever my client shows a tendency to be slow on opening or while I use it, I create a fresh copy from the server. It usually returns to a snappy behavior right afterwards.

The same is true for the Windows version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

This corruption of the local database is something to keep in mind - whenever my client shows a tendency to be slow on opening or while I use it, I create a fresh copy from the server. It usually returns to a snappy behavior right afterwards.

This is very helpful! Also from me a big thank you.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • Level 5

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  5. Let the initial download run, and leave the app open. It will take a while to download the full content, for offline use.
  • 10 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 2:54 PM, PinkElephant said:

Thanks for posting. Yes, CleanMyMac does something similar as AppCleaner, as does for example a tool in the Parallels toolbox. I just mention AppCleaner because it is freely available on the Internet.

Good it returned to work for you. This corruption of the local database is something to keep in mind - whenever my client shows a tendency to be slow on opening or while I use it, I create a fresh copy from the server. It usually returns to a snappy behavior right afterwards.

The same is true for the Windows version.

When you say you create a fresh copy from the server, i.e., you delete the copy you're having trouble with and all of it's data and then resync?