(Archived) Create subtags through the tag field?

I personally find that using the tag field is a much more intuitive way of assigning tags. I just started using subtags, but I don't want to have to rearrange the new subtags I create every time.

Is there a way to apply subtags through the tag field?

for example writing "recipes >curry" in order to apply the tag "recipes" and create the subtag "curry" within it?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

What platform are you talking about? There are separate forums for the different platforms and it's helpful to post as appropriate.

In the Windows client, you can right-click on a tag in the Tag list, and one of the operations available is "Create Tag in ".

~Jeff

• Level 5*

Nope, none that I know of while entering tags on a note. Usually I just create them as needed, and every so often, I make them fit into my hierarchy, which is not all that elaborate anyways.

~Jeff

• Level 5
I personally find that using the tag field is a much more intuitive way of assigning tags. I just started using subtags, but I don't want to have to rearrange the new subtags I create every time.

Is there a way to apply subtags through the tag field?

for example writing "recipes >curry" in order to apply the tag "recipes" and create the subtag "curry" within it?

Thanks!

No it is not possible. There is no Tag Management capability.

To make the current process easier, I use the following structure to begin with:

• Menu
    Menu_Curry
    Menu_Salsa
    Menu_Bread

The last 3 tags would be next to Menu in the Tag area on the left pane. It is easier to drag them into the Parent when they are close by and turn them into Children. And it ends up with this Tag format:

• Menu
    • Menu_Curry
      Menu_Salsa
      Menu_Bread

If I want to see all the recipes, I would search for Tag:Menu_*

Archived