Note unavailable message

• 1 year later...
PROBLEM: original note in Evernote on Win 10 app would not load.

WORKAROUND: In original note, I clicked on    ". . . " Note History Restore   [select latest version of 3 versions listed]
That created a note from a version I selected in the "In Box". However, this "restored" note does not copy the version history from the first note.

I don't recall if the latest version I could recover from about one year ago was actually my last version of this note.  Based on "updated" field, this was my most recent update to the note. 

FYI: FAILED TEST:  I tried restarting Evernote application on Win 10 and that did make the note viable.
My internet is connected and working and provides a download speed over 300 Mbps.

SYSTEM:
Evernote  10.71.2-win-ddl-public (20240109093604) Editor: V176.50.1 Service: v1.87.1
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home       Version  10.0.19045 Build 19045

FINDING:  I have found more notes "Note unavailable" via the Win 10 app.   However, I discovered that notes I tested are available via the web browser version on Evernote. So the content is in the cloud but it is "unavailable" on the Win 10 app. 

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, Kuranda said:

So the content is in the cloud but it is "unavailable" on the Win 10 app

Sounds like your database is corrupted.  There's a fix for that...

To fix occasional errors with installs or updates on laptops or desktops - plus issues with speed or lag or corrupted data.

1 - Make sure your notes are synced up to date

2 - Exit Evernote (if you can) / delete data from device

3 - Uninstall app with Appcleaner (Mac) or Revo Uninstaller Free (Win)

4 - Power device off / allow 10 seconds / power back on

5 - Download latest Evernote from Evernote.com

6 - Reinstall. It will take a little while for the app to be fully operational

Additional Checks:

Verify Evernote's Hardware Acceleration is set to ON - go to Tools > Settings > Preferences > Application and scroll to the bottom. The "hardware acceleration disabled" box should be UNticked, but if you're having issues change that setting and restart the device. (Come back and change it again if that doesn't help!)

If you have any issues deleting Evernote data, see: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004231762-Remove-Evernote-data-from-your-Mac-or-Windows-device