Note does not save and data loss

I have the Evernote version 10.32.2 run on a Samsung Galaxy A22, android 11.

Often I write a note, I try to save pushing the "check" button (upper left). It does not work. I repeat the operation without success. Then, if I close the app and reopen it, many data is loss.

This problem aggravated in the last months. 

I've tried to uninstall and install again the app, but nothing changed.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

It certainly is. You can subscribe for one month and get support. But if you are a regular user then a Personal subscription costs not much more than a couple of takeway coffees from your favourite chain per month.

• Level 5

If it is the only function that is not properly working on the phone, it probably has something to do with what the app does.

Just some wild guessing, you may try and see if things improve: 

Disable spell checking (creates a system load)

Disable Work Chat (in EN settings, personal settings)

Maybe there is more to disable, Samsung is known to pack devices with a lot of bloatware.

8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If it is the only function that is not properly working on the phone, it probably has something to do with what the app does.

Just some wild guessing, you may try and see if things improve: 

Disable spell checking (creates a system load)

Disable Work Chat (in EN settings, personal settings)

Maybe there is more to disable, Samsung is known to pack devices with a lot of bloatware.

Thank you very much for the suggestions 

I have the same problem on iPhone 13pro max. Today I was tried multiple times to save note but each time data was lost. I have a premium  subscription. I contacted the support but will need to wait for the answer. 

• Like 1
On 22.05.2022 at 21:36, lucafanelli said:

I have the Evernote version 10.32.2 run on a Samsung Galaxy A22, android 11.

Often I write a note, I try to save pushing the "check" button (upper left). It does not work. I repeat the operation without success. Then, if I close the app and reopen it, many data is loss.

This problem aggravated in the last months. 

I've tried to uninstall and install again the app, but nothing changed.

I had the same issue. Support team just told me to wait for a half a year. But since that nothing had changed. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am getting the same exact issues increasingly as well. Contacted support. As often they confirmed the problem without deeper diving. They assured they would be (quote) "honestly" working on a fix. Well that is the least. That gives me a doubtful feeling about all the other bugs and answers I got about the priority of bug fixing in general. I would never release unstable software that is actively known to me to risk loss of client's data. Still after 1.5 years no improvement in dev management. What a mess.

PinkElephant: nice how easy your predictable reactions are triggered. I saw that coming 🤣 First get an Android than we could discuss our experiences on eye level. This is the Android forum and you have no first hand experience on what is going with this client.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

As ever these Android issues appear to be inconsistent. I have been using EN on Android in the previous and current versions. I find v10 significantly improved and improving. However in that time I've also had a couple of phone upgrades. That means my device specs are much improved too. My collection of notes is not the largest. Maybe the issue is connected to the number of notes so having fewer means I don't get issues that others get.

I also see more issues reported by users of Samsung phones. But since Samsung has the bulk of the market that may mean nothing.

So all I can say is that I don't share the experience of others.

• 2 weeks later...

Update for 10.36: The data loss problem seems - for me - gone. But the save tick button not reacting or reacting after long time (sometimes almost a minute while device starts cooking) is still present. While that time EN is totally frozen. Raised a ticket on the save/back button problem (#3547007) and got the immediate answer, that it is a known issue devs are "working on earnestly". Unfortunately without a timeline so this newly introduced issue seems still unsolved. Is anyone here that could reproduce when this issue started? I think like all versions since 10.34+ might be affected. One could roll back than maybe. 🤷‍♂️