Adding image (photo) to the note

I can not add the photo to the note, I have this problem on both the MacBook and the mobile. After dragging and pasting, the photo is displayed, but when I move between the notes, I notice that the photo has not been added and only a circle is rotating. I am using version 10.37.03 on MacBook. I also use it on Android

Are you on a free or paid plan?

On the free plan you can only upload up to 60 MB per month (and 25 MB per note -- see https://evernote.com/compare-plans). I suspect that if you are on the free plan, the reason that you are seeing this issue is that you have exceeded your 60 MB. (You can check your Monthly Usage on the Account Summary page.)

• Like 1
  • Level 5

What sort of photo ? In the Photos app, from the Finder / Files app ? On the Mac it works differently as on iOS. How large is the picture file ?

We can’t see in detail what you try to do, and you don’t tell enough to know.

Did you try upload as an attachment as alternative ? Or add picture through the blue button ? Or add by sharing from another app ?

• Like 1

1- Normal Photo (print screen, jpeg,..)
2- No from photo apps, from desktop or normal folders.
3- Pic size is low. less than 300kb
4- I tried from inside note icon and drag and drop both not sharing from other apps.

• Level 5

The circle just says „loading“.

Maybe your database has taken a hit. You can try this to reload it from the server. This solution is desktop (Mac) only:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  • Like 1

I appreciate you,

I did it, but there is still the problem of adding a photo. I do not think the problem is with the server because when I use VPN, this problem is solved. Probably because I use EV from Iran. This restriction only includes adding files. There is a problem adding files to both the cell phone and the MacBook, but a TEXT NOTE is added to the notebook without any problems. Is there any restriction for Iran? 
In firs photo my VPN is off and in second photo my VPN is on.

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 12.50.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 10.08.04 PM.png

• Level 5

Personally I doubt there is any restriction for Iran for a private service like EN. There are restrictions, but in relations to banking and other large scale economic activities.

There may be a different issue: Some countries restrict internet access, for reasons I don‘t want to discuss here.

If it works with a VPN, it means that something „in between“ you and the server is probably filtering things away. The VPN tunnels through these filters, and places the point of entry to the general internet beyond the (virtual) border. It shows as well that the problem is not with the end point (EN server). EN pretty well knows where you as a user is located.

If this works, and the direct access does not, you will have to use the VPN always when a specific content can‘t be added to EN.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We are currently transitioning our servers infrastructure to the Google Cloud. Google Service are not available on all country, like Iran or Crimea.
Your only solution will be to use a VPN.
Regards,
Evernote Support

• Level 5

Interesting answer - seems there are some no-go areas for data. Then in fact a VPN looks like a possible solution.

Just check the laws in your place about having a VPN software installed, and about using it. There may be local restrictions to it.

• Like 1