I would like the ability to separate view-only and editing functions.

Ryuji Takami

Idea

Hi 

My name is Ryuji. This is my first time to make this post from Japan.

Desired function:.
Ability to change the way the view-only and edit functions are displayed.

Reason or background:.
I sometimes open Evernote to read notes. However, by default it opens the note in edit mode, so I sometimes accidentally edit the note.
This is not limited to the web client, but occurs often, especially on mobile devices.
A view-only feature would allow users to comfortably view notes without the risk of accidentally editing them while viewing them.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Ryuji Takami

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

A fast tip for mobile: In the app settings, Notes is a editing protector. When switched on as in my screenshot, you need a double tap to start editing mode. I think this will help you to avoid unintended editing.

3767D131-6083-4E95-B029-FE1AC8A3D802.thumb.jpeg.0f1b1462ef165e78223e287d88da7d70.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Also:  if you have another email address available,  it's possible to set up a new free account and share one or more your notebooks from the 'editing' account to the free one as read only.

• Like 1

>A fast tip for mobile: In the app settings, Notes is a editing protector. When switched on as in my screenshot, you need a double tap to start editing mode. I think this will help you to avoid unintended editing.

Oh wonderful. So the feature I wanted already existed in the mobile app? Thanks for the information. I was able to achieve this after a quick test.

>Also:  if you have another email address available,  it's possible to set up a new free account and share one or more your notebooks from the 'editing' account to the free one as read only.

I think your idea is great as well. This method seems to solve my problem with the web client as well.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 2