Problem: Text uploads by default to the title line, which truncates selections longer than the title line limit

I love Evernote BUT I am annoyed that when I draw citations from ebook text for upload to Evernote, that selection defaults to the title line. Consequently, I'm confronted with an editing issue, which nullifies whatever advantage I may have enjoyed in the prospect of automatically uploading ebook text.

Would you PLEASE change the default upload target from the title field to the text field. I can live without a title but I can't live with truncated citations shouting at me in BOLD typeface from the title field.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Level 5

Beside this question: We are other users, and we are not the guys who can and will do anything about it. The maximum is we may find out what’s bothering you, and how to resolve it.

If you want anything from EN, issue a support ticket (provided you are on subscription).

Try this experiment.

1, Get an IPad w Kindle. 

2. Get a Kindle book to your liking.

3. Find and select passage from that book.

4. From the pop-up bubble, select the upload icon.

5. In the window that appears next, choose "TEXT QUOATE."

6. In the upper-right hand corner of the display screen, select "SHARE."

7. In the next window that appears, select the Evernote icon. A new window appears with the green elephant and a green circle indicating the selected citation is being uploaded.

8. Select the notebook into which you want the citation committed.

9. Select "SAVE."

10. Open the Evernote application.

11. Go to the subject notebook in Evernote.

12. Observe that the selected passage has been uploaded to the title field and is, if significant in length, truncated.

Conclusion: Not an optimal outcome. 

Alternative

Keep two apps open simultaneously: Kindle and Evernote. Cut and paste citation from Kindle to Evernote body field in desired notebook note. Devise a suitable title for the note.

Conclusion: A less than un-optimal outcome.

Thank you for your consideration.

body text in title field 2022-05-23 at 2.51.46 PM.png

• Level 5

Thanks for the details. As posted above, we are other users, and appreciate a workaround.

For anything that involves coding , you need to contact EN staff - which is not us. Usual ways are through the feedback function of the clients, or a support ticket.