Insert contact in task or note?

I want to put particular contacts’ info in a task or note when I have to phone the person in connection with performing the task. Aha!  in In the iOS “Contacts” app, when you view a contact and tap on “share contact,” Evernote is listed  as app to share with!  But, when you then tap on Evernote to share the contact, it says “error clipping.”

is there a workaround!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, evername said:

I want to put particular contacts’ info in a task or note when I have to phone the person in connection with performing the task. Aha!  in In the iOS “Contacts” app, when you view a contact and tap on “share contact,” Evernote is listed  as app to share with!  But, when you then tap on Evernote to share the contact, it says “error clipping.”

is there a workaround!

I'd suggest contacting the 'contacts' app if things fall over - they may have been using an access to Evernote that has since been closed.

If you create a note containing your contact details and add a shortcut to that note to Evernote you could jump to the detail whenever you wish - or include a direct link to that note in the task note...  

Thank you for the reply.  Because my contacts are all in the contacts app for iOS, I was hoping there’d be an easier way to do it.

My contacts come from my Google account. Maybe I’ll look into possibly linking to Google contacts 

• Level 5

I can confirm that trying to share a contact from IOS Contacts to EN Leads to a clipping error. Observations:

1) You may consider to issue a support ticket. Usually apps behind the sharing will accept the contact information formatted as a vcf file.

2) As a well working workaround share the contact to email. This will create an email with the contact name as title and an attached vcf file. Send it to your EN mail address. It will create a note with these properties. The vcf can be opened right from EN.

3) To see how EN creates its own contacts, try to scan a business card. It will extract some information and place it in fields. The scanned card will be attached as a picture and OCRed - all information is searchable, even when not extracted.

4) The former interface from business cards to contacts is still missing - no idea if and when it will be added again.