Support Right-to-Left paragraph direction for title and body captured text.

Lovely Elephant

Idea

Hi,

Evernote for Windows doesn't support Right-to-Left paragraph direction for the text. (don't confuse it with the "alignment" button). Still using the right alignment for languages like Persian, Hebrew, and Arabic. The text has problems with signs like "periods" that go to the beginning of a line (instead of the end of a line), asterisks, or parenthesis make flip and move to the wrong place.

2022-05-15_131245.jpg

2022-05-15_131827.jpg

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

There are already a number of threads about this issue. Maybe you search them, and add your vote. Personally I support the request, the larger and the more diverse our user community is, the better. This means supporting RTL languages as well as other features.

You can send your request as well directly to EN PM, via the feedback function build into the clients.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

There are already a number of threads about this issue. Maybe you search them, and add your vote. Personally I support the request, the larger and the more diverse our user community is, the better. This means supporting RTL languages as well as other features.

You can send your request as well directly to EN PM, via the feedback function build into the clients.

Sorry, I should have searched to avoid posting this issue again. I requested it again via the feedback function of EN and vote it for the same thread that someone asked it for 9 years ago, but EN hasn't added this simple function yet! I don't know why this simple feature doesn't exist and many people talk and ask EN to bring it to the app. But I hope it'll come to EN soon.

• Level 5

Well, they completely renewed the app a little less than 2 years ago. Probably they still work on restoring functions that have been there before they made the switch. But I hope as well (even when I will never use it myself) that RTL writing will be added. For me it is a question of diversity and cultural respect.

• Like 1