If the calendar widget is part of my Evernote home screen the sync (blue pulsating line at the top of the screen) when starting Evernote will take very long (5-15 minutes). This is especially problematic as the Scratch Pad will not work in this time. Without the calendar widget there is no delay at all. Is the very, very long sync time related to the number of calendar entries in the Google Calendar?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gewappnet said:

Is the very, very long sync time related to the number of calendar entries in the Google Calendar?

Hi.  I have no clue - do you have a lot of items?  I'd suggest you feed back this situation to Evernote Support (that's not us) or is you're a subscriber,  raise a support ticket.

4 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I have no clue - do you have a lot of items?  I'd suggest you feed back this situation to Evernote Support (that's not us) or is you're a subscriber,  raise a support ticket.

Okay, so to be clear: You have the Calendar widget on your Evernote home screen (Evernote for iOS) and when you re-start Evernote (it was completely closed before) it does not take several minutes until the animated blue line stops, right?

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, gewappnet said:

You have the Calendar widget on your Evernote home screen (Evernote for iOS)

Nope - I'm not an iOS (or a v10) user.  Hence the 'no clue'...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22 hours ago, gewappnet said:

With the new update today (10.32) it seems to be fixed. The sync of the home screen in Evernote is now without a 5 minutes delay - even with the Calendar widget.

And after a restart of the iPhone it is back to 5 minutes if the Evernote app is "killed" and restarted ...

• 2 weeks later...

With 10.33 they finally found a working solution. No more delay when starting the app. But the very long pulsating blue bar is still there when the calendar is opened. This does not block working with it, so it is a suitable solution. Finally the Scratch Pad widget is really useful, because one can use it immediately after opening the app.