Encrypted note vanished, and no View Note history?

Had an ecrypted note open on phone.  Phone died.  When I recharged it and opened app all the content was gone - and it was no longer encrypted!  Searched on how to view prvious version and the isntructions dont seem to apply to my Plus desktop or web app - no View History option.   That was an important note to have go bye bye.

• Level 5

Plus desktop = Plus subscription ?

If yes, you are up to a choice:

Access to note history is available starting with the old Premium plans, and upward. The current entry level for this feature is Personal. Plus is not able to use note history, as it applies to Free users as well. For all plans note history is written, but Free and Plus have no access.

You can upgrade and get access to the existing information. As long as a note still exists (even if empty and in the trash), the versions are kept and can be recovered.

Problem is you won't be able to go back to Plus once you upgraded. It is continued Personal, or Free.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply!  I could have sworn I had paid version.  But if not I will try the uprade.  I'm  not sure it ever went to trash per se.  I think when Phone died it somehow got overwritten, maybe all hot selected, deleted, then closed when blank.  Will report back.

• Level 5

Plus is paid, but it is an old subscription level, and the only one where note history is not available. Hope you can solve the issue.

When a device goes down, anything can happen, because before a processor "dies" from low voltage, it may already malfunction. If your phone is a bit older, and it happens time and again that you run out of energy, think about getting a battery replacement.

• Like 1

Having access to note history is one of the reasons that I upgraded from my Plus plan to Personal. I figure if I'm really using Evernote for important information that I can't bear to lose that I should pay for the best that I can get from it -- even if I felt that the reason I lost a bit of information or two was due to a syncing bug or something.

@a_gunslinger - your encrypted information is saved there in the note history, but just not accessible to you until you upgrade to at least the Personal plan. Once you do, you can access it. But once you leave the Plus plan, you can't go back to it. You can only go back to the Freemium subscription.

• Like 1