75 notebooks disappeared from my Evernote desktop app (but thankfully not my iOS app or web)

A few weeks ago, most of the Notebooks I've been adding to and depending on for years suddenly disappeared from my Evernote for Mac desktop app (v 7.14).  I have NO idea what happened. When I open the app and click on Notebooks, it says I have 6. When I look on my phone, it says I have 81. And yes, I do have 81 Evernote notebooks, most of them just aren't visible or accessible form the desktop app.

I searched in forums for similar issues but didn't see much. I'm wondering if it'd help to delete the app, download a new one, connect to my account and see if it repopulates with all of the folders. Then again, would it be enough to just delete the file in Applications, or are there library files that need to go too?

Hope someone can help. Thanks!!

• Level 5

First as a reminder: Legacy is deprecated, end of life. You can use it, but you do it as it is.

To me this looks like a damaged local database. To get repair options hold down the alt/opt key on your keyboard before clicking on the help menu.

There will be a new menu item showing. Behind it are a number of database repair options. Try them, they may fix the problem.

If they don’t check if everything is available on the web client (you should be on a subscription, because the web client is counted as another device). If all of your notes and notebooks are there, a full uninstall and reinstall on the Mac will probably do the job.

Or update to v10 - legacy is really not the way to go any more.

Thanks for the reply and advice, @PinkElephant.

I was having trouble updating to v 10 but Firefox may have been blocking me. I just used CHrome to download the v10 and the formerly missing notebooks are showing again!  It appears that the problem is solved. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1
On 5/7/2022 at 6:38 AM, Filmanwich said:

A few weeks ago, most of the Notebooks I've been adding to and depending on for years suddenly disappeared from my Evernote for Mac desktop app (v 7.14).  I have NO idea what happened. When I open the app and click on Notebooks, it says I have 6. When I look on my phone, it says I have 81. And yes, I do have 81 Evernote notebooks, most of them just aren't visible or accessible form the desktop app.

I searched in forums for similar issues but didn't see much. I'm wondering if it'd help to delete the app, download a new one, connect to my account and see if it repopulates with all of the folders. Then again, would it be enough to just delete the file in Applications, or are there library files that need to go too?

Hope someone can help. Thanks!!

I am having same issue, all my notebooks disappeared , I am using web version.

• Level 5

If all content disappeared, you most likely are not looking at your true account.

You may have made a small mistake when logging in. A typo in the user name, and you may have created a new account instead of logging into the existing one.

Log out, close the browser to clean caches, reopen it and when logging in again, make sure you type the correct user name.

• 4 months later...