(Archived) how long for handwriting recognition?

I'm a premium subscriber and I'm experiencing long turnaround times for handwriting recognition. I synced my note 30 minutes ago and still hasn't been processed. I've been re-syncing every few minutes but nothing is happening. What should I expect here?

On a somewhat related note, is there a way to turn the OCR into text?

I do handwritten call notes in SpeedText HD, which sends them to Evernote. Evernote works like a champ deciphering my chicken scratching. It would save me time in writing call reports if I could cut and paste my handwriting into text. Is there a way to do this?

I'm a premium subscriber and I'm experiencing long turnaround times for handwriting recognition. I synced my note 30 minutes ago and still hasn't been processed. I've been re-syncing every few minutes but nothing is happening. What should I expect here?

Dave said in one post, it may take an hour or so. Also, are your notes PDF or jpg?

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15182&start=0&hilit=handwriting+recognition+pdf

I do handwritten call notes in SpeedText HD, which sends them to Evernote. Evernote works like a champ deciphering my chicken scratching. It would save me time in writing call reports if I could cut and paste my handwriting into text. Is there a way to do this?

I think the only OCR'ing you can copy/paste the text from is if it's in PDF format.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15924&p=63139&hilit=ocr+copy#p63139

• Level 5*

I think that you'll find that the OCR doesn't produce an actual text representation of the image its scanned, but instead is used to make a search index for the words it thinks it's recognized, such that they can be tied to locations in the image. If you're interested in all of that, you can try spelunking in an exported note, inside the tag "recognition".

~Jeff

\

You can't do this with image files, because Evernote takes multiple guesses about what each handwritten word is. Its a technology to allow the words to come up in a search, not to definitively know what each word is.

Unfortunately, someone named Dave tried to improve the prioritization algorithm for image/PDF processing last night with the weekly service update, and the change had the opposite effect, preventing most recognition from occurring for a few hours until we caught the problem and deployed a patch.

So the servers are now working through the backlog. Premium users are seeing a lag of up to 3 hours on image processing and up to 8 hours on PDFs, but these numbers are gradually improving.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Archived