(Archived) 2.0 beta ... Stacks are really synchronized?

huib

Idea

Your Stacks are synchronized across all your devices. Right now, you can only see them on the Mac, but we're keeping the information in sync everywhere, so when the feature is added to other clients your Stacks will show up there, too.

Are you 100% sure about this?

My (little) problem is that I installed 2.0 in Holland, being in another country right now, so I cannot check.

I made stacks there, that is fore sure, and they do not appear in my Mac over here where I just updated to 2.0..

It is of course possible that I forgot to sync before leaving Holland, as EN does not warn you for this.

Or are there problems synching stacks?

I will not make any stacks on this version over here now, being afraid of conflicts when coming back to Holland next week.

Huib

14 replies to this idea

I can confirm that stacks are sync'd, as I deleted my local database (to solve a different problem) and resync'd when updating from alpha to beta.

Your case may have revealed a bug, but I'm sure that stack syncing is at least being attempted (and working in my case).

Same issue here with 2.0 beta. Stacks are not syncing on my iMac or Macbook Air. Both Systems are running the latest OS and are less than 3 months old so I know its not an out of date hardware/software issue.

Hey.... What do you know.

For a while I was doubting, but now.....

Huib

I too am having an issue with Stacks syncing. Last night, on my iMac (20" purchased in 2007) at home, I re-arranged all of my notebooks into different stacks. This morning on my MacBook Pro at work (1-year old), I downloaded the beta and installed it, but only one of my stacks showed up and only one of the notebooks that is supposed to be in that stack is in there...the other one is floating out there with all the other notebooks.

I am running the most recent version of OS X.

I don't have a Mac so I can't test, but you might want to rename a notebook with a stack, synchronize, & then synchronize it on the other clients. If the Mac client works the way I think it does, that will cause a new copy of the notebook information to be loaded on the other clients. You can always rename them back.

As per crispinb's suggestion, I cleared out my data (moved ~/Library/Application\ Support/Evernote/data to the trash). I reopened Evernote, and it sync'd up the stacks as I had done on my iMac (the correct sync).

So, that's cool. Now, I'm wondering if I make some changes on the MacBook and then move over to the iMac, will I have the same issue?

Also, I wonder if one of my problems was that I had a created stack that had the same name as a previous notebook. (But only one stack out of four.)

UPDATE: Once I did another initial sync from the second Mac, any changes to stacks sync between machines nicely. I appears that you have to do an initial sync when you use this beta in order order sync stacks.

UPDATE: Once I did another initial sync from the second Mac, any changes to stacks sync between machines nicely. I appears that you have to do an initial sync when you use this beta in order order sync stacks.

So did I, and it worked! Got the stacks back. Now I know I realy synchronized before leaving Holland. However I keep pushing for an auto sync while leaving the app.

And... folder size dropped from 864 to 398 MB. Does this also mean a speed increase? I never notice speed problems on my Mac, but still nice to know.

Huib

Archived