Syncing issues

query

Idea

My notes are regularly not syncing between my phone and computer (both Apple). This is increasingly a problem. Based on a quick search here, I'm not the only one. As far as anyone knows, is Evernote aware of this and planning to work on it?

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Can you describe more precisely what you are experiencing ?

Notes not syncing up to the EN cloud server ? From which device - it is the one where you edited a note ?

Notes not syncing down from the EN server ? To which device(s) - the ones where you expect the edits to show up ?

Notes never sync directly between devices ! To understand any syncing issue, it is important to know whether the upsync is sticky, or the downsync from the server to any other device.

If you don’t know (and are on a subscription) you can open the web client to see and check which is the lame leg of the syncing.

Disclaimer: I don’t have any syncing issues between my devices … mostly Apple.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Can you describe more precisely what you are experiencing ?

Notes not syncing up to the EN cloud server ? From which device - it is the one where you edited a note ?

Notes not syncing down from the EN server ? To which device(s) - the ones where you expect the edits to show up ?

Notes never sync directly between devices ! To understand any syncing issue, it is important to know whether the upsync is sticky, or the downsync from the server to any other device.

If you don’t know (and are on a subscription) you can open the web client to see and check which is the lame leg of the syncing.

Disclaimer: I don’t have any syncing issues between my devices … mostly Apple.

Usually it's when I edit a note on my phone- the next time I'm on my computer (app not web client) is when I notice it hasn't synced. How can I tell if it's the upsync or downsync? 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

By checking it in the web client. It is the client you open in a browser window, through the Evernote.com website. It pulls its data directly from the cloud server. It stands between the upsync and the downsync actions.

If it is there fast after you entered it on the iPhone, it is the downsync.

If it does not appear in the cloud, it is the upsync.

For a test you can open the web client in advance. Edit a note on the iPhone, save it by the green - this should be enough to make it sync to the server. Now you can hit the refresh icon in the address bar to see whether and when it appears in the cloud.

If this takes several minutes or even longer, we need to look after the upsync from the iphone. If it appears quick, but lags to show on the Mac, it is the downsync we need to review.

On 5/4/2022 at 3:42 PM, PinkElephant said:

By checking it in the web client. It is the client you open in a browser window, through the Evernote.com website. It pulls its data directly from the cloud server. It stands between the upsync and the downsync actions.

If it is there fast after you entered it on the iPhone, it is the downsync.

If it does not appear in the cloud, it is the upsync.

For a test you can open the web client in advance. Edit a note on the iPhone, save it by the green - this should be enough to make it sync to the server. Now you can hit the refresh icon in the address bar to see whether and when it appears in the cloud.

If this takes several minutes or even longer, we need to look after the upsync from the iphone. If it appears quick, but lags to show on the Mac, it is the downsync we need to review.

I just tried to sign in on the web client and b/c I have the free version, it signed me out of every other device and I wasted an unsync. How else can I check? From what I can tell it now happens every time I update a note on my phone. I would consider paying if I thought that might help, but otherwise I'll have to look for an alternative.

• Like 1
On 5/7/2022 at 11:16 AM, PinkElephant said:

Tried to force a syncing yet ?

App settings, synchronization, Sync now.

Thanks, that worked. Not ideal to have to do it every time but at least it works