Web Clipper being restricted in Firefox and Chrome. Is there a work around?

When I try to use web clipper in firefox or chrome, I get a message that says 'due to restrictions set by the browser you cannot clip this web page'.  What gives? Is this permanent?  Is there a way around this? 

• Evernote Expert

Sounds like a browser and website issue. For example I get a warning like this when I try to clip a page from my online banking. The back blocks web clipping as a security measure.

This has happened on several different websites using different browsers.  And I wasn't trying to clip sensitive information like a bank statement.  It was more along the lines of articles and recipes. These are things I used to clip with no problem. But now I haven't been able to clip anything for about a week or more.  Any thoughts?

• Level 5

Usually it is the websites that try to block clipping, not the clipper or browser that cause the problem.

If it stopped working at all, you should probably uninstall and reinstall as a next step.

I can confirm it is working for me on my Mac with the latest Safari and Firefox browsers. No Chrome …

• Level 5

If this doesn’t work, you can try if any internet security or ad blocker interferes. We had a few reports a while ago that the WOT web of trust extension from Google stopped clipping. Since there is a ton of such apps, it is try and error then.