Grandfathered in from Evernote Premium.

Hi All,

I am grandfathered since Evernote Premium went away. From what I understand, I was automatically considered as an "Evernote Personal" account. However, when I try to use the full features of Tasks or adding a calendar, I am asked to upgrade to Personal?

Am I missing something here? What did my Evernote Premium account grandfather into?

Apologies if this has been covered. I tried to find the answer(s).

Thanks!
Dwight

• Level 5

It depends on your former Premium account status if you were switched over to Personal, or sticked with Premium.

If on a full subscription the accounts were converted (which basically was an upgrade for the same price, because some new features were added with no extra charge). If you were however on one of these „rebated“ Premium accounts, your account was not converted. It may well be you are still on Premium, not on Personal. In this case you need to change the subscription yourself, because it means a higher price as well.

You can check your account status in account information in the web, or in every client:

9C6E34A2-4B17-4573-9048-C3D390EF11B4.thumb.jpeg.7973660872a389ac84f449c0e1ec9377.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I am a legacy Premium user that was not automatically moved to Personal. I wasn't paying attention back when these changes were made and have let my Premium subscription auto renew without changes. I am not interested in changing to the Personal option but my subscription renewal date (via Apple AppStore) is not until 2/27/23. I tried cancelling, but since I pre-paid for the year this still doesn't allow me to change my current status. Is there any way to access the Personal account before my current account expires? I understand I won't get a refund for my unused portion of the current subscription and I am ok with that.  

• Level 5

Not sure about the technical side, but usually you pay the full amount for the new subscription. A few days later the unused part of your old subscription will be refunded. About how to process it through the AppStore you should contact support - choose the ticket type "Billing".

10 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Not sure about the technical side, but usually you pay the full amount for the new subscription. A few days later the unused part of your old subscription will be refunded. About how to process it through the AppStore you should contact support - choose the ticket type "Billing".

When the changeover to the New Plans was rolled out I was on Premium, but elected to Upgrade to Professional and was charged £25 for the remainder of my subscription.  When my subscription renewed, I paid the $99.99 (£82.76p at the time), which works out at a daily charge of just under 23p per day, which I consider excellent value, taking into account the massive improvments that have been made.  I have used Evernote since 2011, but over the past two years my use of it has incresed exponetially as these impovements came online.

• Like 2