Encrypted Note Missing All Content

Hi Everyone, 

I'm using Evernote on MacOS Montery 12.0.1. I have a note with encrypted text I use for storing sensitive information. Today I opened the note, entered the password to decrypt, and all of the content of the note is gone. It's just a blank note with the unencrypted header. All of the content of the note was there when I accessed it a few days ago. Not sure what is going on here. Can anyone provide some insight or guide me through the process of restoring a previous version of the note?

Thank you!

• Level 5

If on a subscription ...

1. Open the note in a desktop client. Click on the 3 dots top right. Click on Note Information.
  2. In the note information window, click on note history (is looks like a text, below the size & word count, behind it is a link).
  3. You get a window with the history. Behind each date are 2 options: Export and Restore.
  4. With Export you create a duplicate note with that version.
  5. With Restore the note itself is set back to that prior status.

If on Free ... first subscribe to unlock Note History.

• Like 1

@AntDPreI hope that works for you. Being able to access the Note History was one of the main reasons that I upgraded from my "legacy" Plus account to Personal. Since I've started to use Evernote way more serious than ever before (and I've been using it pretty serious for the last 6 years or so) and I depend on it so much, I figured that was really starting to become a necessity. I've really only used it a couple of times in the last 6 months, but it has been really helpful for those times when I needed it -- and nice to know it is there.