Cannot create new notes from Android 10.30.191121810). New issue encountered yesterday

Encountering a bug in what I assume is an update. 1) I cannot create new notes from Android. If I select add note it either hangs, or brings me to a note screen where the confirm checkbox is inactive 2) If I have created an image  in another app on Android  and share to evernote the default notebook says loading and it just flashes and flashes. Nothing completes. So my Evernote Android is totally useless

• Level 5

Does sound like a major malfunction.

You can either uninstall and reinstall. After uninstalling switch the Android phone completely off once, to reset the devices memory. After reinstalling log in and wait until the initial download has taken place.

Or contact support.

• Evernote Expert

This is the current release which has been with us for around a month. So no new update.

I'm not experiencing anything like you describe so some form of corruption of the app or the local data. As @PinkElephantsuggests, uninstall and reinstall seems like the likely solution.

• 1 year later...

I had the huge default notebook (20K notes). Following Reddit I created an empty folder and make it the default one using web interface. It fixed the problem.

Old big folder still is not shown properly - saying it has 46 (!) notes only.

All other actions, including reinstalling (phone reset), clearing storage, etc didn't help.