Auto-formatting a list of Checkboxes into a Checklist Bug

I use lists of Checkboxes a lot.  I like them because unlike a "Checklist," when I check off an item it isn't greyed out with a strikethrough.  Unfortunately, Evernote seems to think it knows better what I want than I do and as soon as I attempt to add something to my list of Checkboxes the list is immediately auto-formatted into a Checklist.  Certainly this has to be a bug as I can't understand why anyone would write the program to do this.  If anyone wants a Checklist, all they have to do is click the button up top.  Does anyone know a work-around or could the good folks at Evernote please fix the bug?  It would sure save me a lot of time reformatting my lists.  Thanks!!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The auto conversion has already been debated up and down in a number of threads.

To me it looks as if EN treats it as a feature. On the old version there were only checkboxes, and they had several deficiencies compared to checklists. So the checkbox-lists get automatically converted when touched.

Quite a share of users see the conversion as a critical issue, not as a feature.

If you want to join this group, the best way to communicate with EN is through a support ticket, or through the feedback function of the clients.

I have tried feedback, support, even emailing the CEO.  It's not a feature, it's a bug.  The least they could do is create the option in preferences.  Very frustrated!!

• Like 1

As a work-around, try putting all your checkboxes in a bulleted list -- then when you press enter at the bottom of your list, you get a new bullet and it doesn't seem to change them all to checkboxes. Plus then you also have the advantage of being able to re-arrange the order of them by dragging to the left of the bullet.

• Like 1