Just reaching out - Does anyone have this problem?

8 hours ago, WanFadzil.Adlan said:

Hi everyone?

When I share a document to evernote on my android phone, I place it in the right notebook and tag it, the share dialogue keeps appearing the next instance I open EN. Does anyone here experience this?

rgds,

WanFadzil

Yes, this happens to me all the time. Every time I return to Evernote after sharing a file, web page, etc. the dialog reappears and I have to cancel it. It's very annoying, because I create many notes by sharing items from other apps. Clearing the app cache from the Android app settings fixes the issue, but this is ridiculous to do every time.

Glad it's not just me!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

No issue on iOS, as far as I can tell.

So it seems it is somehow specific to Android devices, and looking at the thread not even to all of them.

Probably a good starting point to open a support ticket, next time it happens, with an activity log.

• Like 1

i must admit i have no idea how that works on iOS. is it possible on iOS for an app to register itself as a target for images or webpages? how do you share a webpage to evernote on iOS?

On 4/27/2022 at 5:12 AM, PinkElephant said:

No issue on iOS, as far as I can tell.

So it seems it is somehow specific to Android devices, and looking at the thread not even to all of them.

Probably a good starting point to open a support ticket, next time it happens, with an activity log.

For sure I will open one, in the meantime I'd just like to know who else is experiencing it. Thanks for responding!

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, ehrt74 said:

i must admit i have no idea how that works on iOS. is it possible on iOS for an app to register itself as a target for images or webpages? how do you share a webpage to evernote on iOS?

In the browser, choose Share and follow the options.

• Level 5
3 hours ago, ehrt74 said:

It pretty much enables itself - an app declares on installation to the OS what it is able to do.

It is possible for the user to rearrange the apps and options, for easier use, and to hide some.