URL for YouTube Video Does Not Show Photo Link

I'm using Evernote on Windows 10 version 6.25.1.9091 (309091) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

When I insert a url from one of my YouTube videos directly into Evernote and hit the return key I am expecting that I will see an preview image of my video that can then be clicked on to launch the video. I don't get this option. The URL continues to show as a hyperlink

Here's a YouTube video that I was trying to follow. Is this a Mac feature only?

Edited by wussery
updated info
3 hours ago, wussery said:

I'm using Evernote on Windows 10 version 6.25.1.9091 (309091) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

You are using the legacy version of Windows not Evernote V10. You will need to upgrade for this feature. You can run both versions in parallel but just be carefiul to make sure data syncs to the server between using teh different versions.

• Evernote Expert

As @MikeP says. Also be careful that you disable conflicting settings between both applications. Keyboard shortcuts are the first place to start. I turned off all shortcuts in Legacy since I use v10 by default.

10 hours ago, Mike P said:

You are using the legacy version of Windows not Evernote V10. You will need to upgrade for this feature. You can run both versions in parallel but just be carefiul to make sure data syncs to the server between using teh different versions.

MIke can you point me to a post or url that covers Best Practices when using both versions of Evernote? Thanks for the information.

16 hours ago, wussery said:

MIke can you point me to a post or url that covers Best Practices when using both versions of Evernote? Thanks for the information.

I'm not aware of such a post. The basic thing to remember is that whichever version you are working on you need to make sure that it syncs before using the other version. That should happen automatically in the background with V10. For the legacy version it is essential that you manually sync both before making changes and before going back to V10. I think it is prudent to also check the last note that you have been working on in the other version as soon as you change versions.

It is also worth remembering that the web version should always have the version on the server so a note in the web version can bee seen as the "master" version. Think of the process like this

Legacy <--------->  Web (server version of note)  <---------> V10

• Level 5
On 4/25/2022 at 5:45 PM, wussery said:

Using both version in parallel is possible, but should be done with caution. The reason is the different syncing process. Legacy will be syncing later than v10, because it changes its local database first, and only then syncs. This creates a delay, that can interfere with ongoing editing in v10. I think it is more relaxed to use v10 for all day to day processes, and open legacy only when necessary.

For me there are 3 operations left where legacy does it better than v10:

1. Moving a bunch of notes to a different notebook (multi selection) is much faster on legacy. Interestingly tagging a selection of notes is pretty fast - so maybe just a question of optimization.
  2. Printing a note - v10 is picking up, but still the print options in legacy are better
  3. Tag housekeeping - Legacy has a better overview over existing tags, and allows to join or erase them in a natural workflow.

Apart from these issues, I rarely open the legacy client these days any more. From some other users I know they are missing more or different  functions, like local notebooks, scripting ability or the Presentation mode. If your use cases depend on any of these, you need to take a long term decision, because the last mentioned features will not return.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, annijonn said:

Can you share more details about it, what is the error you are facing

Like @PinkElephantI am confused by your post. There is no error. I was just pointing out that the original poster was looking in the legacy version for a feature which is only available in V10.

• Level 5

This sounds like a typical forum-phishing post to me--a new member with only this one post, offering a generic request or comment ("That was helpful!") intended to elicit a puzzled response--and maybe then a chat and some thievery? @annijonn, if you're here for a good purpose, my apologies, but please respond in the thread.

• Like 1