Evernote Clipper Icon Does Not Appear on Task Bar

Installed Evernote Clipper extension for Chrome and software indicates it is installed but the Clipper Elephant icon does NOT appear in task bar. Even after reloading page or opening new pages. Tried uninstalling and reinstalled the extension. Same result. Why? How do I get the icon to appear?

• Level 5

The web clipper will from time to time develop some weird behavior in every browser. It is a browser extension, so if the browser evolves, the web clipper needs to evolve as well. But not all changes are communicated in advance, and sometimes the release of a new extension is simply too late.

This said, Firefox and Safari (Mac only) both work. So option 1 is to use another browser. This is a good idea anyhow - Chrome as everything else delivered by Google is a privacy disaster, case nobody told you yet.

Option 2 is to ask support.

Option 3 is that another user will kick in. Because myself - see option 1 - am running my life as UnGoogled as possible.

• 1 year later...

I'm running Firefox 112.0.1, on Windows 10 Pro OS Build 19045.2846
The webclipper is v 7.32.1 last updated April 25. The webclipper icon has disappeared from the toolbar. I filed a help ticket. The support tech sent me a screenshot of a Mac screen option to Display Toolbar. He didn't seem to understand that Firefox doesn't have that option (after uninstalling the web clipper and rebooting). He sent me some kind of video (which I didn't watch) showing me how to unload the webclipper. He wanted me to load some third party video software so that I could prove to him that I am able to uninstall webclipper (which I also didn't do).

I had asked for 2 things:
1. How to get the toolbar item back.
2. How to engage the Web Clipper from the keyboard.

He did not answer either question. And provided NO information about how frequently this problem has occurred for other users (i.e. if this is a site-wide problem). I wrote a scathing report on the quality of support that I had received. No one followed up.

Any ideas?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Well,  I'd think its pretty hard to say how to fix something if he didn't understand what's wrong in the first place,  and you weren't prepared to engage any effort to help Support find out.  Plus AFAIK there are no keyboard shortcuts for Clipper - it's part of the Browser and would not receive any keyboard input directly.  If you can't see the Clipper icon,  chances are it's not actually running anyway - so nothing to be affected by the shortcuts.

I've not used Firefox in a while,  but I seem to remember there's an 'extensions' or 'attachments' page where you can check the status of the various add-ins.  Have you checked there to see if your add-on is still active?  If not,  you may be able to reconnect to it from there.

If the add-in is still running,  try highlighting text on a web page,  or selecting an image or file,  and right-click something.  You may find a "send to Evernote" option there.

• Like 1

Thanks @gazumped. The right click loads the web clipper. There's something about that approach that I don't like so much (automatically selects target notebook and tags), though it does work to capture the link.

Other research suggests that I Refresh Firefox (remove customizations). It took me most of yesterday afternoon to copy links to all my open windows!

I'll remark here IF that solves my issues.

• Like 1

Refreshing Firefox also caused a new (different) version of Web Clipper to load. Evernote Web Clipper is now back on my toolbar. There is also a toolbar icon which looks like a puzzle-piece which allows me to see all of my open Extensions.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1