Login impossible after synch between 2 devices failed in Evernote free -> forced to upgrade

dampft

Idea

Hi, synchronisation failes with the error message, that I have to delete one of 3 devices. I did that and deleted my old android device. Now there are my pc and my new android device and due to the free plan this should've worked. But then I hat to login again and the error message reoccurs. I had to repeat the step with deleting the old device and I endet up in a loop of error-redeleting-relogin-error-... . So I tried to use my microsoft Evernote app and there I had exactly the same problem. After a few attempts sth changed: I can't even login in anymore with neither of both devices because it tells me, I had  switched between too many devices too often within this month.

How can I fix that problem?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Whatever went wrong by trying to solve the problem that was created before - once it is locked up, you can wait for 30 days until it unlocks itself, or subscribe to Personal for a minimum of 1 month. Subscribing lifts the locking once the account upgrades.

Please spare me the discussion about whether this is fair or not. I am another user, and I tell you what you can do. I run a Free Account as well (beside my subscription), and somehow I never got it locked up, even when I occasionally switch devices. But I agree it sucks when it happens.

21 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Whatever went wrong by trying to solve the problem that was created before - once it is locked up, you can wait for 30 days until it unlocks itself, or subscribe to Personal for a minimum of 1 month. Subscribing lifts the locking once the account upgrades.

The locking is not the problem, it's the result. I only have two devices so there is no need to upgrade. I already wrote that the third one was an old android and that I tried to delete it. So the problem is not the device limit but that the system went into a failure-message loop during my attempts.