New Settings Menu in v10.35.1

• Evernote Expert

The announcement is that there is a new settings menu in v10.35.1 released today - 20 April 2022.

The release notes say to look behind the Gear Icon in the sidebar but as hard as I try I don't see the gear icon. Anyone have any success? Any hints to locate the gear icon?

@gbarry

46 minutes ago, agsteele said:

The announcement is that there is a new settings menu in v10.35.1 released today - 20 April 2022.

The release notes say to look behind the Gear Icon in the sidebar but as hard as I try I don't see the gear icon. Anyone have any success? Any hints to locate the gear icon?

@gbarry

I suspect wrong version has been made available.

• Level 5

Weird - there is a similar report on the Mac side, but when I downloaded 10.35.3 from the EN website, installed on my Mac and checked I found this:

So for me everything is OK, but it seems some have it, and some don't. Maybe there is a difference between Store versions vs. direct install ? What do you guys use, direct install or by XYZ-Store ?

SCR-20220421-3t.thumb.png.93d10d3505457f76b427b95bf4b64a86.png

41268781_Screenshot__21__Apr___0_06_AM.thumb.png.99133d99d8cae78e54b6e71f8a648c44.png

8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

... So for me everything is OK, but it seems some have it, and some don't. Maybe there is a difference between Store versions vs. direct install? What do you guys use, direct install or by XYZ-Store ?

Installed on Windows by direct download (because updating from inside EN often does not see a new version 😉)
At first there is no settings icon visible. After opening the "Start-Ansicht" (Home view?) and doing some changes there, the settings icon appeared - even in my German version!

• Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert

I have the direct download. I'll see what happens this morning... (Yesterday, as it happens, the same issue on the web version too).

But I had 10.35.1 and @PinkElephant reports 10.35.3 so perhaps a further update. I'll check shortly.

EDIT:

I find that I was mistaken about the version number - I had 10.35.3 installed.

My resolution required a complete uninstall and reinstall of the program and then the new settings icon appeared.  THis is for Windows app running on Win 11.

However, as an aside, I subsequently found that for the web interface I had only to tap the Customize button on the Home screen and then click Done and the gear icon appeared.  I suspect that this could be the solution for those with this issue more generally.  Thanks to @AlbertR for the nudge in that direction.

Edited by agsteele
update