10.34.4 running on latest Windows 10 Pro

Anyone else having massive lagging/slow issues with evernote?

Even the grey effect when moussing over the top menu lags. Scrolling down notebooks list in sidebar lags and judders. Same with notes in a notebook!

Is it this build or Windows?

Thanks in advance

• Evernote Expert

Probably neither in the sense that there is an issue affecting all Windows 10 Pro users or all Evernote V10.?? users on Windows.

It will be something specific to your set up. I don't have this issue at all.

The normal first step would be to rebuild your data. In Evernote File, Sign Out, Remove data from this device.

Then log back in and allow your data to be rebuilt.

That may (or may not) resolve things. Either way it will provide more diagnostic information.

• Level 5

Plus check on the usual culprits under Windows: Anti-Virus, Internet security and similar software. Maybe check in the task manager which processes show a high load when you start EN. This means task manager open, and while viewing what is going on then starting EN. Any significant apps consuming a lot of CPU, RAM or disk bandwidth at that moment ?

28 minutes ago, agsteele said:

Probably neither in the sense that there is an issue affecting all Windows 10 Pro users or all Evernote V10.?? users on Windows.

It will be something specific to your set up. I don't have this issue at all.

The normal first step would be to rebuild your data. In Evernote File, Sign Out, Remove data from this device.

Then log back in and allow your data to be rebuilt.

That may (or may not) resolve things. Either way it will provide more diagnostic information.

thanks agsteele, I have tried that with no luck

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Plus check on the usual culprits under Windows: Anti-Virus, Internet security and similar software. Maybe check in the task manager which processes show a high load when you start EN. This means task manager open, and while viewing what is going on then starting EN. Any significant apps consuming a lot of CPU, RAM or disk bandwidth at that moment ?

thanks pink elephant

I now think its the video card, I have a fancy Quadra one in this Lenovo Workstation and there was an update a few days ago and I don't think I used EN at that time, now i see lag resizing windows on screen. I have restarted a few time now to nail this and EN lag seems better too. Very odd.

Anyway seems it's me and not EN. Thanks or your help

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am having this problem, to delete just 30 notes took 10 minutes and resource usage: 40-51% cpu (4 cores), 3 GB (of 16 in the system). A few days ago I was not having this problem. 

31 minutes ago, rubycom said:

I am having this problem, to delete just 30 notes took 10 minutes and resource usage: 40-51% cpu (4 cores), 3 GB (of 16 in the system). A few days ago I was not having this problem. 

Ouch! Did you try the ideas above?
Did the system update in the last few days?

You can also do the sign out and delete data on this machine route AND delete the app, RESTART and then reinstall EN.

Also SHUTDOWN on windows isn’t really that, its more like deep sleep. Only RESTART will throw out caches and session setting and all that crud. This alone may help. 
good luck

• Like 1
  • Level 5

As a first step I would check what is going on in the task manager.

And you can update to 10.35, BTW. It has a new settings wheel right next to the account name top left.

If it does not show after installing, go to the EN Home Screen, click on the Edit button, modify a widget, close it and go back to the notes list view. It should then show.

• Like 1