Using camera in a note launches apple subscription page

Not sure if this is know, but when I am using the camera to scan a document inside of a note, it launches my app store and my iPhone subscription payment under settings. This happens both on my iPhone 12 and 13. 

Anyone else have this? I'm sure it's just not me as it is  happening on two different devices. 

• Level 5

Just to see whether I understood correctly what is going on:

You have the EN client open on the iPhone.

You are inside of an existing note, somewhere. Now you tap on the blue + and select camera. Or you tap directly on the camera symbol beside the blue +.

Expected action: The scanning window of the app opens, showing the live camera picture, and is ready to take a shot or scan a document.

What happens to you: AppStore opens, showing your subscription page in the iCloud settings of the AppStore.

Correct ?

What happens when you now close the AppStore ? Do you need to close it, or do you have top left a return link, that allows to go back to the app from where the AppStore was opened ? When you go back to EN, is the camera active, or do you return to the note where you started the camera ?

That’s exactly correct. I can go directly back to EN and resume, or I can close the App Store and settings and go back to EN and resume as normal. Not sure why it launching the others. But EN is sitting there waiting for me to capture the image and save to the note either way. 

• Level 5

I have never observed anything similar, and up to my memory nothing like that on the forum, so a theoretical answer, in 2 parts:

Part 1: It looks as if there is a bad handler capturing a signal meant to activate one app (the camera) and routes it to another app (the AppStore). How often (and when) did you switch your iPhone completely off lately ? Off means the Apple logo will show when you switch on again.

If you can’t remember, just do it. This will reset the whole RAM memory of the iOS device - refreshing everything after rebooting.

If this is not enough, you can try a forced restart. How to is described on the Apple support website.

Part 2 of the answer: If this happens again, use the EN client on exactly the device where it happened to issue a support ticket. You find the option in the apps settings, tab support. The button to attach an activity log is usually activated by default - send this log as well. Maybe support can review it and find a sign of what goes wrong.

Beside this, you can maybe update - current iOS version is 10.30.1. The „.1“ is a plain bugfix release, probably not related to what you describe. But we never know, so better update.

Thanks. As I said I completely blew the app off, restarted the iPhone 13. And reinstalled the app. That phone installed the 10.30.1 and still having the issue. Blew the app off the iPhone 12, restarted and reinstalled 10.30.1 and that one is still having the issue. Must be a programming issue. Two different phones on two different carriers (att & Verizon). Thanks again for the help. I’ll reach out to tech support and post any findings. 

• Like 1