changing from Personal to free account

I wish to change from my current plan (Personal) to Free, since I am not retired. 
I downloaded the latest version but it seems to have opened a new account and my notebooks are missing.
Also on my phone - the Evernote app shows as if it were an account started today (i.e. no old notebooks)

I repeat, I want to change to a Free Evernote account but I want to have access to my current notes and notebooks.
I want to us the latest versions too on pc and phone but with my current notes and notebooks intact.

Can you help me to make this happen?

Mike Pritchard

16 hours ago, agsteele said:

Ensure you login with your active username and password. Sounds like you might have created a new one with the additional download.

Hi there,
I think that's exactly what happened. Unfortunately, I was billed for a year's subscription after I told Evernote that I wanted to change to a FREE account, but they charged me for the year, even though I have seen many screen saying "you are here" indicating FREE Evernote account, but it seems likely that what happened when I simply tried to change the e-mail address, and nothing else, a new account was created while my old Personal account continued active in the background (and on the web - on local PC I saw the new set up with no notes or notebooks), and I guess that is why they charged me yesterday. I have tried to make everything clear to Evernote but need to speak to a person who can help me disentangle this mess. The forums and FAQs haven't worked and all mail replies to Evernote go to a no reply address. Worse than that, even, is the fact that one has to upgrade when one wants to communicate by chat, which is the opposite direction I'm moving towards. My current situation is that I have no access to my old notebooks, notes and tags, built up over 15 years, and instead I am a new member, who joined yesterday on a free account, but Evernote charged me a full year's subscription to an account I can't access and when I stated over and over that I wanted to move to a FREE account.

Can anyone put me in touch with a human who can help?
Thanks.

Mike

UPDATE: I can still see my notebooks on the iphone but nowhere else. The screengrab below shows how long I've been paying Evernote for their services and this is a terrible way to repay my loyalty. 

evernote account status.jpg

• Evernote Expert

That's because your iPhone is still logged in to your original account.

In this instance Evernote hasn't done anything. By confusion you've managed to open a second account. Contact billing and they will resolve this for you.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, agsteele said:

That's because your iPhone is still logged in to your original account.

In this instance Evernote hasn't done anything. By confusion you've managed to open a second account. Contact billing and they will resolve this for you.

Thanks again, agsteele for the prompt reply, and I agree with your analysis. My whole problem is precisely, getting in contact with Billing. I have found no way to do this and would very much like to. My password is refused on the web and on the local PC so it's very difficult to achieve anything.
Any ideas (anyone) about how to contact a human being who will be able to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance

mike

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, mikeprit said:

Any ideas (anyone) about how to contact a human being who will be able to resolve this problem?

As everyone has been trying to tell you - there is no 'problem' here.  There are also no direct lines to Support,  who are (possibly) the only people who can resolve this for you.  The position so far is:

1. You attempted to download a new 'free' version of Evernote and in the process you used a different user name and/or password which has given you a new empty account.
  2. Your phone is -apparently- still logged into the original account,  which is why you can see your notes.
  3. You need to File > Sign out of your 'new' account and sign back in to the old one on the desktop to see your notes.  
  4. If you have now paid for your old account,  and you wish to stop doing so,  you should contact Support with your old user details via https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new - choose 'account issues' as a topic
  5. If you can manage to submit a ticket,  please post the number here and we'll flag the post for someone to look at.
  6. This page may help - https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/135456-how-to-submit-a-ticket-for-a-billingpayment-issue/

• Evernote Expert

There is no means of directly contacting someone other than via the ticketing option mentioned above. However, since you are logged in on your iPhone you can access support from within the Evernote app on the phone. In the iPhone app: Settings / Support / Submit a support request

THis will not take you directly to Billing but will, I think, be forwarded to the correct person.

In the meantime log into you original account on the web, declare that you have lost your password and follow the prompts to reset your account.  Of course this will log you out of the app on your phone until you reenter the new password.

• Like 1