the images in every entry are now changed to VIEW AS ATTACHMENT

Hi guys,
all the entries have recently changed how the images are shown 

they were used to be VIEW AS IMAGE

but now everyone is default viewed as attachement and i have to change it every time i open it

i wonder where is the setting for changing the view option? i could not find it anywhere.

THank you ,

On 4/15/2022 at 2:03 PM, CYINGP said:

Hi guys,
all the entries have recently changed how the images are shown 

they were used to be VIEW AS IMAGE

but now everyone is default viewed as attachement and i have to change it every time i open it

i wonder where is the setting for changing the view option? i could not find it anywhere.

THank you ,

Hey - what platform are you seeing this on? I just attached all my holiday photos to a note and I am able to see them fine on both web and android. Happy to help, please provide info as above and some screenshots (or message me privately). Neil

• 1 month later...

I am using Windows 10 on my desktop.  So do I understand there is no way to globally set the "View As" setting to "All Pages" as the Legacy version does.  Off hand I don't see why you would want to set any document to "Single Page"?  If the document is only one page "All Pages" is the same as "Single Page".  This is keeping me from using the new version since it requires 3 clicks to set each long document to "All Pages".  Any help would be appreciated.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, PMDonovan said:

I am using Windows 10 on my desktop.  So do I understand there is no way to globally set the "View As" setting to "All Pages" as the Legacy version does.  Off hand I don't see why you would want to set any document to "Single Page"?  If the document is only one page "All Pages" is the same as "Single Page".  This is keeping me from using the new version since it requires 3 clicks to set each long document to "All Pages".  Any help would be appreciated.

Are we talking about the way multi-page PDF files have an option to show as one page or a scroll-down list?  Why is it important to see the whole thing at once rather than a page-by-page view?

• Level 5

The excuses about why it is not possible to use v10 IMHO are getting more obscure all of the time. 3 clicks …

Does anybody really believe EN would take this serious and jump into action ?

OK, who thinks they will can send his opinion directly to EN PM using the feedback function.

Yes, I am talking about milt-page PDF's.  It's important because when looking at a long document that has been saved it is time consuming and tedious to click through, page by page to the 35th page for example.  One of Evernote's best features is its ability to index and search all the words in a document.  With the legacy version a scanned document appears as an "All Pages" scrollable view.  Why change the default to a "Single Page" view as the new version does?  The scrollable view makes working with longer documents so much easier and I find it very helpful to change to the "All Pages" view which has to be done in the new version since the default is the "Single Page" view.  I see no reason to change and default to the "Single Page" view.  I was hoping to find a setting to change globally to the "All Pages" view.  But apparently there isn't one. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, PMDonovan said:

I was hoping to find a setting to change globally to the "All Pages" view.  But apparently there isn't one. 

I appreciate the new way is different, but I don't see an issue - you can still change to the 'all pages' view if you want (3 clicks) but searches find all keywords or phrases in a given document.  If a hit comes up in a multipage document Ctrl+F will highlight and jump to all the hits on every page of that document,  whether it's in single-page or all-pages view.

• Evernote Expert

For those who want the All Pages view it is slightly annoying. I've relaxed into changing the default each time I access a note where it is an issue. Surprisingly I find I have most PDFs still set at single page view.

• Level 5

There is a certain limit in attachment size between "one page" and attachment views. Large attachments as a standard show in "attachment" view, and will only open on demand. Smaller attachments will show right away in "One Page" view.

I think it is a measure to keep loading and working time and reactivity ("Snappiness") under control. If a large attachment would show right away, it means that while simply browsing in a note, it would permanently load MBs of data into local memory, just to show it to a user who doesn't need to see it at that moment.

Just my 5ct ...

• Like 1
15 hours ago, gazumped said:

you can still change to the 'all pages' view if you want (3 clicks) but searches find all keywords or phrases in a given document.

Only 2 clicks: right mouse button and 'all pages'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the way I use Evernote it would be more efficient if PDF's loaded in "All Pages" view and I still see no reason to have "Single page" as the default since you only see the first page of an "all page" view.  Legacy handles this very well without loading delays or too much use of resources as far as I can see.  2 or 3 clicks not a big deal it's just more convenient in "all Pages" view.

I was not using the Control F function in the new version to find references in a document.  Thank you  gazumped for pointing that out.

• Like 1